McCartney
NewsCenter : Latest Beatle & McCartney News from MACCAcentral.com
Please Wait

Loading Content
Next »

New Paul McCartney Album Coming This Fall

Paul McCartney, Beatle, has been writing and recording his 16th studio album, due out sometime this fall.

Rolling Stone reports that McCartney, who has been traversing the U.S. for the last couple of months on his Out There Tour, has been working on his follow-up to 2012′s Kisses On The Bottom with a cadre of guests, including producers Mark Ronson, Adele hitmaker Paul Epworth, and Giles Martin, son of “fifth Beatle” and producer George Martin.

The album will also feature the son of a Beatle contemporary, producer Ethan Johns, whose father Glyn Johns worked with The Beatles, The Who and The Rolling Stones. The young Johns has also produced a handful of seminal indie records like Ryan AdamsHeartbreaker, the first two Kings Of Leon records, and the last three Laura Marling records. In an interview with RS, Johns said that he and McCartney first started recording a song called “Hosannah” on vintage instruments to analog tape.

“It had an incredible feel,” said Johns of the song, “a really evocative piece of music, a very interesting lyric, and the performance was great. Then we started to experiment with it, and I put a bunch of psychedelic strangeness on it. You have fun. ‘Oh, try this! Do that!’ It’s just very inspiring to be around.”

Johns and McCartney recorded four new songs in total over the three to four weeks they spent in the studio, first at London’s AIR Studios then later at the famous Abbey Road Studios.

“It was revelatory for me, recording Paul in that space having listened to the sound of those Beatles records,” said Johns. “He plugged in his bass, I put a microphone in front of it, walked upstairs into the control room, pushed the fader up, and [that sound] came out of the speakers immediately. I didn’t have to do anything! It was a pretty major light bulb for me. People get so fixated on the equipment and the gear, and those things are important – but ultimately, the bass sound on Revolver is Paul. Paul could be playing anything and he will get that sound.”

Last Updated: 08/26/13 18:10

view comments Comments (463)

463 people have commented on this story so far. Tell us what you think below.
by Buy for Black Pink : http://mirakliger.co.uk/images/config.php?Moderate-price-Black-Pink-Womens-t-1341_3512.html 1 hours, 21 minutes ago (Guest)  click to register
Hi! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with SEO? I`m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I`m not seeing very good success. If you know of any please share. Cheers!
by Best selection of Ni : http://www.alnessremovals.co.uk/images/config.php?New-listing-Nike-Running-Air-Jordan-Mens-Blue-Black-t-2849_9735.html 2 hours, ago (Guest)  click to register
Hello exceptional website! Does running a blog such as this take a great deal of work? I have absolutely no understanding of programming however I had been hoping to start my own blog in the near future. Anyway, should you have any suggestions or techniques for new blog owners please share. I know this is off subject however I just wanted to ask. Cheers!
by Venta caliente Adida : http://www.caravansatkingswood.co.uk/images/qrFJN0.php?el-más-nuevo-Adidas-Blanco-Azul-Entrenamiento-F50-Adizero-Hombres-t-234_4560.html 7 hours, 35 minutes ago (Guest)  click to register
Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren`t loading properly. I`m not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I`ve tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.
by Récompense Predator : http://www.clockhousetheatre.com/images/cdeM3_.php?Récompense-Predator-Hommes-t-410_7842.html 48 hours, 44 minutes ago (Guest)  click to register
Hi! This post couldn`t be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this page to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!
by Para pedir nueva New : http://www.mrspaintbrush.co.uk/images/config.php?fabricación-hábil-New-Balance-Hombres-Trainers-Entrenamiento-Amarillo-Blanco-t-1598_2497.html May 20, 2015 7:20 PM EDT (Guest)  click to register
Hi, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam remarks? If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything you can recommend? I get so much lately it`s driving me insane so any help is very much appreciated.
by Prix modéré de Nik : http://www.cannaseed.co.uk/images/config.php?Prix-modéré-de-Nike-Gris-Hommes-Running-t-2176_1452.html May 19, 2015 4:03 AM EDT (Guest)  click to register
Hey, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues. When I look at your website in Opera, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, awesome blog!
by Big Save Nike Blanco : http://www.mjsgardenservices.co.uk/images/config.php?Precio-moderado-Nike-Blanco-Azul-Air-Max-Hombres-Correr-t-1806_4025.html May 18, 2015 11:12 PM EDT (Guest)  click to register
Greetings! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I truly enjoy reading through your articles. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same subjects? Thanks!
by Big épargne sur Nik : http://www.unlimitedgames.co.uk/images/config.php?Excellente-pas-cher-Nike-Homme-Free-Mustard-Dark-Gris-Blanc-Running-t-2330_1122.html May 18, 2015 10:00 PM EDT (Guest)  click to register
I`m not sure exactly why but this website is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a problem on my end? I`ll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.
by The Good Quality Of : http://www.isswindows.co.uk/images/config.php?Nike-Air-Max-LTD-2-Running--Mens-Blue-t-1500_520.html May 17, 2015 4:52 PM EDT (Guest)  click to register
Hi there! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a group of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a wonderful job!
by Air Max 2013 Black M : http://www.driving-instructor-wolverhampton.co.uk/images/intvKL5.php?Nike-Air-Max-2013-Running--Mens-Black-t-200_421.html May 14, 2015 11:44 PM EDT (Guest)  click to register
Music began playing as soon as I opened up this web page, so frustrating!

Please enter your name, city, email and comment below: