Macca Central

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Macca Central

Postby lobbybobby » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:21 am

The members of this great site are turning into the "Her Majesty" of fan sites.

Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl
but she doesn't have a lot to say.

Where is everybody?

I miss the friendly banter
a good friend of mine...follows the stars...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Macca Central

Postby mr h atom » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:12 pm

vacation ? all i ever wanted !

wait...wrong songwriter...i think...

maybe...they've all taken a moment really get to know 'new' a little more deeply...more intimately then they had before

...and many are beginning to realize that, while it is a truly great album, it is not the best album paul's ever made...nor even as good as, say, MAF...

and so, now...realizing they were the smidgest bit off in their over-praise, they're all hiding out...not knowing how to own up...fess up...

..'cause then...then they'd know the best album is still Ram..and the second best is still McCartney 2..

and the third best is STILL Press to Play....

'course...i could be wrong...
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:43 pm

You might be wrong, Mr. H...
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:50 pm

:? ...about who wrote 'vacation' ??

oh...that !!

might...might not... :-??

i know..i know... :wink:

you still think PTP is THE best one of all... :-D

but (and i gotta give ya props for such forward thinking, EF ^:)^ ) sadly it just cannot be...Ram rules !!

:salute

...um...well...just trying to keep a light-hearted bantering going here...

if i were a little short for being a stormtrooper, i'd just follow the banter tracks...um...my favorite album is..ahem...banter on the run ?!?!..........i'm sure, in his younger days, paul mccartney would've thought that the various govt restrictions on marijuana would be a banter overturn......yeah, it's getting kinda stuffy in here...when paulie first left the beatles, he purportedly dragged his new wing-mates touring about the countryside in a minibus...betcha that made for some fun cantor banter in the van...ter....

i got nuthin'
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:10 pm

MAF? No. I don't like that one. I don't like Chaos either. I like Flaming Pie. I like the Russian Album even though he didn't write it. I like New. But RAM the best? I don't think so but then neither do a lot of other fans on this forum. My favorite album of Paul's? Don't know. I like a few songs from each album EXCEPT MAF. HAHAHA!!

I guess I would rather Paul go back to his rock and roll roots instead of moving forward with techno pop and newer music. I guess I am just an old stick in the mud when to comes to music. I don't like a lot of the new music out there and they call it rock and roll? I don't think so!!

I guess I just can't get out of the 1960's when it comes to music. Yes I can. I like a few songs out there. I also like Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin. And dare I say it? I even like a few country songs out there now. Just a few.

But I have found out that a bunch of you guys out there listen to more of a variety of music than I do. Some of the groups mentioned in another thread I have never heard of before. Am I stuck in a Time Warp?
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mhnso » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:30 am

mr h atom wrote:vacation ? all i ever wanted !

wait...wrong songwriter...i think...

maybe...they've all taken a moment really get to know 'new' a little more deeply...more intimately then they had before

...and many are beginning to realize that, while it is a truly great album, it is not the best album paul's ever made...nor even as good as, say, MAF...

and so, now...realizing they were the smidgest bit off in their over-praise, they're all hiding out...not knowing how to own up...fess up...

..'cause then...then they'd know the best album is still Ram..and the second best is still McCartney 2..

and the third best is STILL Press to Play....

'course...i could be wrong...

Vacation yes. Have not changed my opinion of New as being one of Pauls best albums-never claimed it to be his best. Press to play unfortunately still represent the nadir of Pauls long and illustrious career. See y all after summer
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby EddieV » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:10 am

I like all of his albums. And I´m here at Macca-Central and I stay here..because it is the best.. Thanks Mike ^:)^
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby edrebber » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:58 pm

The only McCartney albums where I like every song are:

Ram
Red Rose Speedway
Band On The Run
Flaming Pie
Unplugged