Why so many Macca haters?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Why so many Macca haters?

Postby garrystanton » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:32 am

Guys (and gals)- it has struck me in the last few days just how many people out there really hate Paul! Amidst all the good and great reviews
of NEW, there can be found all over the internet evidence that not everyone loves him like we do....here are some examples, lifted from BBC Radio 2's site,
when they announced they would be playing in a few minutes a new track from the album (it was Alligator)

"Never been his greatest fan, this new stuff has done nothing to change that.
Voice is going too, if it was ever really "there".
Fair play to him for what he's acheived, but please, no more.........."

"Why did God take John and George and leave us with Ringo and Paul????"

"Macca is loathsome"
and

"Yet another R2 homage to a false deity. The sucking up you are all doing is embarrassing"

So, what do we all think? What is up with these people?

~X(
So I stood with a knot in my stomach,
And I gazed at that terrible sight
Of two youngsters concealed in a barrel,
Sucking monkberry moon delight.
garrystanton

Re: Why so many Macca haters?

Postby Mattal1958 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:37 am

they're snarky, vile, envious a-holes. Plain and simple. Entitled to their opinion, I guess. At the end of the day, though, Paul McCartney is, well, PAUL McCARTNEY...and these sad, pathetic people are nobodies.
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby savillerowdie » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:16 am

For whatever reason, it somewhere/sometime became perceived as "being hip" to knock on Paul, so people go out of their way to knock him because they think they're being cool.
I think that and jealousy. I guess it is a price of being the greatest, some people want to try and knock you off that perch. The FACT that Paul is the greatest and most successful composer/musician in the past 100 years just rubs people the wrong way. Why, who knows?

Otherwise, why would you go out of your way to criticize the man or even listen to his music to bother to give an opinion? I can't stand most of the contemporary acts (Gaga, Perry, Kanye, etc.), but I don't bother to find their videos on YouTube so I can criticize them. I ignore them. Paul's greatness, for some reason, seems to irritate people to the point of obsessively going out of their way to dismiss him.
If I hear one more idiot say "John Lennon WAS the Beatles" I think I will puke. Better yet, I think I will just ignore these morons. If Paul truly did suck, then these people would ignore him, too.

The fact that he has done something so magnificent at this late point of his career annoys the hell out of these haters.
savillerowdie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mi » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:18 am

I guess they are entitled to their own opinion - this person has every right to "not be his greatest fan" - I don't mind that as long as they don't attack him personally - that's pathetic. The funny thing is, if "god" HAD taken away Paul and Ringo (god forbid... %-( X_X ) and leave John and George, this person would have said the exact opposite - "why did he take Paul and Ringo and left us with Jonn and George...". If you don't like someone, don't say anything about him! The problem with those people, I think, is that they want to believe John was the best and the greatest, and they feel Paul is a threat to that belief. I had a friend like that years ago. It made her utterly furious that Paul had his photo taken with a missing tooth (about 20 years before she was even born...), but when she heard John had beat someone almost to death at Paul's birthday party, all she had to say was "wasn't John a dear"...
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mi » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:21 am

savillerowdie wrote:For whatever reason, it somewhere/sometime became perceived as "being hip" to knock on Paul, so people go out of their way to knock him because they think they're being cool.
I think that and jealousy. I guess it is a price of being the greatest, some people want to try and knock you off that perch. The FACT that Paul is the greatest and most successful composer/musician in the past 100 years just rubs people the wrong way. Why, who knows?

Otherwise, why would you go out of your way to criticize the man or even listen to his music to bother to give an opinion? I can't stand most of the contemporary acts (Gaga, Perry, Kanye, etc.), but I don't bother to find their videos on YouTube so I can criticize them. I ignore them. Paul's greatness, for some reason, seems to irritate people to the point of obsessively going out of their way to dismiss him.
If I hear one more idiot say "John Lennon WAS the Beatles" I think I will puke. Better yet, I think I will just ignore these morons. If Paul truly did suck, then these people would ignore him, too.

The fact that he has done something so magnificent at this late point of his career annoys the hell out of these haters.

That's so true... the funny thing about these "John was the Beatles" idiots is that, on the first chance they get, they will jump and vote for "Yesterday" as the "best Beatle song" :roll: ...
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mhnso » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:10 am

There are always people with those kind of wiews. Don t think Macca is worse of than other celebritets. Judging from concerts and rewiews of. New he or we should t worry about it
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby lobbybobby » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:14 am

It's not just Paul people. People hate politcians, sports figures, movie stars. No one is immune, not even the Pope, Jesus Christ, MLK Jr. No one is immune. Not even the bloody Beatles.

I feel sorry for these haters. I guess some are trying to be clever, some have nothing better to do, some like to see their words on-line.

I wouldn't pay it any mind, as a wise man once sang "intant karma's gonna get you"

Now back to the NEW lovefest
a good friend of mine...follows the stars...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:07 pm

lobbybobby wrote:It's not just Paul people. People hate politcians, sports figures, movie stars. No one is immune, not even the Pope, Jesus Christ, MLK Jr. No one is immune. Not even the bloody Beatles.

I feel sorry for these haters. I guess some are trying to be clever, some have nothing better to do, some like to see their words on-line.

I wouldn't pay it any mind, as a wise man once sang "intant karma's gonna get you"

Now back to the NEW lovefest

some...just don't know any better. when I was a kid I couldn't care less about what historical impact frank Sinatra had. I just considered him that old guy. I grew to know better.

your post was nicely said. I wouldn't spend a moment of my time worrying about what anyone else has to say. if they like him...fine. if not...that's fine too. when I was younger...I spent way too much time and energy defending paul, and the beatles...for that matter...against friends who liked black Sabbath, led zeppelin, the who and deep purple. they saw no value in my music. and I learned that it is really just their loss. we all have to be our own critic. and I think my taste in music is pretty great. yours doesn't seem to shabby either.

let us celebrate with some new music. wait...by disc hasn't been delivered yet. screw you guys :lol: :wink: :razz: :-D
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ComeOnBrotha » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:02 pm

Yes I have seen some of these idiots and much worse than you posted. I find it interesting that these dolts are interested enough to seek him out on YouTube just to disparage him. I think they do it mostly to annoy fans in a weak attempt to try and ruin it for us. I don't think it has anything to do with his music for the most part. It just makes them look pathetic and unhappy with themselves. There are always plain old nut-jobs out there, too. That POS who killed Lennon was obsessed with him to the point where he thought John was an impostor who he needed to get rid of, thinking he was the real John Lennon.

The people who really are annoying are those who say he is too old and should retire. Many of these same people disrespect older people in general, which I find despicable. Some day we all get old if we're lucky enough to live that long. I am really enjoying the fact that Paul is 71 and still making great music and is full of life. He has taken great care of himself, loves what he does and he makes people happy by sharing his great talent. And that gets under the skin of people who have done very little with their lives, have given up or have simply resigned themselves. I know which path I prefer :wink:
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always come to you, when you look for them
And your inspiration long may it last
May it come to you time and time again
ComeOnBrotha

Postby chris » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:46 pm

one of we reasons we see all these opinions...is modern technology. anyone anywhere can post their opinion on facebook, twitter, instagram, youtube, yahoo, google...for anyone anywhere to read. it is the product of the society we live in. hell...in the old days there weren't even forums like this to talk about stuff like that.

people tend to surround themselves with like minded people. they tend to get along better. maybe that's why this isn't macca and kanye central.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions