Any more news on the Macca tribute album?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Any more news on the Macca tribute album?

Postby Jeremy K2 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:57 pm

Found this on the site © AceShowbiz.com

While Paul McCartney pays tribute to the classic era in his cover album "Kisses on the Bottom", a number of stars including The Cure, KISS and Alice Cooper will, in return, salute him in an upcoming tribute album. They will cover songs from Mecca's catalog including the records with The Beatles and Wings or during his solo career.

The album will additionally feature Billy Joel, Brian Wilson, B.B. King, Willie Nelson, Steve Miller, Jeff Lynne, Heart, Wanda Jackson, Ronnie Spector and Corinne Bailey Rae. The CD is being curated by producer Ralph Sall.

Sall met McCartney while working on Michael Douglas and Albert Brooks' movie "The In-Laws" which has several McCartney songs as soundtracks. "It grew out of that experience," he said. "A good idea goes a long way, but it was important that it be blessed by Paul."

Sall has been working on the album for two and a half years, but has yet to partner with a label or distributor for the release. Beside working in the studio, he also plans a TV special using footage of the studio sessions and interview with the participating artists.

"It will be a good venue to show appreciation of his catalog," the music supervisor gushed. "You can tell by the variety of participants that Paul's music is truly timeless. Whether you're 8 or 80, everyone loves Paul McCartney."

© AceShowbiz.com

Has aynone out there heard anymore info on this? :? It could be an awesome cd. :-D :?
Jeremy K2

Re: Any more news on the Macca tribute album?

Postby chris » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:48 pm

i have heard most of this news. but it's the same news from over a year ago. so...good news is...it is still being planned. bad news is...nothing seems to have changed...or even progressed from way back when. i get the feeling we're going to get a new original album from paul than we ever get this tribute album. which would be fine with me.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:30 pm

:-?? ...i didn't even know Mecca sang...i thought it was just this sort of...religious place...people walking in circles...robes and sh!t...

it must be that rock ...it sings, right ??...ROCK and roll... :-D i get it...mecca.... :YMHUG:

mecca-lecca-hi-mecca-hiney-ho :wink:

melly qliztmazz, folkz :santa

so much eggnog...so little time
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby bravefan » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:16 pm

To all my Macca friends on here have a safe and happy holiday!!
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:19 am

and our mecca friends, too

...i'm like that billy joel song...shameless...hopefully, jeremy will find the christmas spirit and forgive me...

i can't stop it, though...i've tried...for years i've tried...it does no good...so sorry

i know i find the christmas spirits...no matter where my wife hides them !
mr h atom

Postby Brainwashed » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:23 am

The album to me sounds disappointing, when I first saw this will include Beatles covers as well, I just lost interest. This is a PAUL MCCARTNEY and with WINGS tribute album not Beatles. How many Beatles tribute albums are there? Do we really need more covers of "Blackbird" and "Yesterday"?
Brainwashed
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:41 am

H,

You crack me up. I saw that Mecca and decided NOT to comment on it but I just knew you would have something to say and I must say it was amusing too.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS, COOL YULE, HAPPY KWANZAA, HAPPY HAUAKKA (spelled wrong I know, but you get the idea) and any other holiday that falls around this time.

I hope whereever you are, the weather is not too bad and you will be able to enjoy the spirit of the season.

Miki aka Girl4Beats
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:32 pm

:-D

about 150 miles west of the western most hawaiian island...and a little to the north... is the little, unknown country of muHaHa...where they celebrate a HAPPY HAUAKKA every year at this time...wherein they serve the worlds smallest mint juleps by the donkey-led cartload !

didn't know you knew that, G4... :bounce

i totally agree oh, washed craniumed-one...my...interest...has been dulled by that little bit of a mention as well...

still...i'll wait and see...if they cover, say, 'oh darling' or 'racky racoon'...something not really done by anyone...i might get piqued again....

you know what they say in Asia - - - only time'll tell
mr h atom

Postby chris » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:20 pm

I gotta admit...how can I not be impressed with an Asia reference? Nicely done sir
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:15 pm

Oh Darling! or Rocky Raccoon. LOVE BOTH!! The radio station here in Washington, DC is playing Beatles songs all day. Nice change of pace from all Christmas music.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions