What made you like Paul better than the other Beatles?

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby BruceMirken » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:53 pm

I've always considered John and Paul as equally brilliant -- though very different -- talents, and would never rate one as better than the other. And given the state of the world right now, I REALLY wish John was still with us. But there's always been something about Paul's voice and melodies that burrow into some deep place inside me that almost nothing else reaches. But Lennon was a genius, and Mark David Chapman should forever rot in hell.
"I am an anti-imperialist. I am opposed to having the eagle put its talons on any other land." -- Mark Twain
BruceMirken
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby BeatleChick81 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:42 pm

Me... it's the quality of his voice, the way he writes, and... well... the looks. Musically, though, it was him that impressed me more than the others (the other Beatles) when I first became a fan (and still), and his songs that got to me (haha... and still do) in ways that the other's works can't. Plus, oh gosh, the looks. Yea.... that was just an extra added bonus. But, I fell for him musically, first, and then, well, once I saw how he looked, I was a confirmed Macca girl. :D
BeatleChick81

Postby ANGRY » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:45 am

Uncle albert/admiral halsey..that was it...when i heard it on the radio..it was quirky, funny, breezy unlike anything else around. that led me to my brothers beatle collection, he always was willing to play ping pong and the beatles, and that was alright by me. somehow, i tended to like the paul stuff, altho the entire album is my all time favorite beatle album. for the longest time, the only albums i owned were the white album and ram. it wasn't until london town that i bought any other album. there is/ has always been ( for me ) such a wide range of styles, emotions, moods, sounds...each album has been, at least, an interesting journey. with paul at the wheel, at least i'm never bored.
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mini » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:43 am

HeyJude wrote:"What made you like Paul better than the other Beatles?"
Nothing. I love the other Beatles just as much, especially John and Paul are equal in my books (oh yah, kill me or sumthin'). I like Paul's solo music more than the others', but that's it. I don't and will never know them as people, but from what I've heard/seen/read, they are/were all admirable, loveable persons in one way or the other and I love them all, I just love them, it's not "I love him less, I love him more".

Wrong occe again.

John Lennon once said that the Beatles were the biggest bastards on Earth. If you've just read the recent excerpts from Mal Evan's diary you'll see why. Paul was a big bastard.

Read Cyntha's book on John and how he treated Cynthia and especially Julian. John was a big bastard.

There was way too much ego in that band towards the end and the stories that have come out about the Beatles as people are very unflaterring to say the least.
Mini

Postby james1985 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:50 am

but how can you not have ego when you're that good?
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:51 am

John often after the split talked bad about the Beatles. Paul never said bad things about the Beatles!!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kylestyle » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:54 am

EddieV wrote:John often after the split talked bad about the Beatles. Paul never said bad things about the Beatles!!

Yeah John always seemed kinda bitter and dismissive about it all. Even George during the Anthology reunion - do you remember when they all got back in the studio listening to parts of the original Abbey Road master tapes, and George Martin turns up one of the faders on Golden Slumbers to reveal a piano, he says something like "that's you Paul". And of course then the vocal fader comes up and Paul is singing. And then George Harrison makes some sort of petty remark like "sounds like he played EVERYTHING on that album", or something to that effect...it was in a rather derogatory tone. Paul gives him a funny look and everyone begins to look a bit miffed and rattled. So much for the lighthearted banter and warm fuzzies they were there to brew up.

Paul seemed to talk up the *positive* throughout all those Anthology interviews, George sounds like he had misgivings about the whole thing, I think he said from the Sgt Pepper sessions he didn't really want to be there anymore. Paul comes across as a far more positive person.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby EddieV » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:59 am

kylestyle wrote:Paul seemed to talk up the *positive* throughout all those Anthology interviews, George sounds like he had misgivings about the whole thing, I think he said from the Sgt Pepper sessions he didn't really want to be there anymore. Paul comes across as a far more positive person.

That´s is correct. That´s why I love Paul
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mi » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:31 pm

EddieV wrote:John often after the split talked bad about the Beatles. Paul never said bad things about the Beatles!!

OR about his bandmates, no matter how upset he was with them!
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby james1985 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:09 pm

mi wrote:

OR about his bandmates, no matter how upset he was with them!

difference is that Paul keeps his criticism private, whereas JL was very public, especially in the early 70s
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle