What's your first, what's your last album

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

What's your first, what's your last album

Postby Berkeleyan » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:54 am

My first Beatles album was Yellow Submarine (I was only 11 and got tricked into purchasing half an album's worth of Martin compositions, instead of Beatle-only stuff ; still I enjoyed the whole thing !).

My last was Anthology 3. Not considering the Anthology albums, my last Beatles album was Rubber Soul.
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

Postby ddr » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:39 pm

My first Beatle album was "Meet the Beatles" my grandmother had it in among her Dean Martin, Jim Reeves, Lawrence Welk records ( was grandma a closet Beatlemaniac?) Anyway, I asked her if I could have it and she gave it to me. Last one was Hey Jude. Not counting Anthologies

ddr
ddr

Postby kylestyle » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:27 am

As it is said on the other thread, my first was Beatles For Sale. Last one was Anthology 3. But excluding the Anthologies, it would probably be ummmm Yesterday and Today (butcher cover - not an original though - this is a stereo version and more recent pressing).
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle

Postby EddieV » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:30 pm

First A hard days Night

Last : I still have to buy Past MAsters vol 1 and 2 to get all the songs. I have them on tape. I´ll buy them in January, when this X-mas-madness has coolen down
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RickStark79 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:05 pm

I got my first cd player for Christmas in 1988. I took some gift certificates I got and went to Harmony House and bought The White Album. I slowly but surely bought every Beatles cd that year whenever I got extra money! The last one I bought then was Please Please Me. Not sure why I bought Yellow Submarine before that one -- most likely for All Together Now and Hey Bulldog.

The most recent Beatles cd I bought was a two-disc bootleg a few months ago called Revolving. Revolver outtakes and demos. Always adding more!
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EwaldK » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:21 am

First Beatle album was 62-66 compilation, soon followed by the 67-70 compilation and Sgt. Peppers. I bought them on cassette btw :)
EwaldK

Postby talmat1958 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:28 am

I have TWO firsts.

The first one bought for me was MEET THE BEATLES, when it came out. I was 6, and I bugged my parents to the point where they broke down and got it for me.

Then, when I was old enough to start appreciating the music, I bought three at once: EARLY BEATLES, REVOLVER, and SGT. PEPPER. I was 12 at that time.

The last one, if you count post-humous releases, was obviously the CAPITOL YEARS, Vol I.
talmat1958

Postby maccastheman » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:13 pm

Well, I should have known I had OCD back in high school, lol. After buying Tripping, which of course had many Beatle songs on it, I bought the box set with all of the albums in it. I never got tired of it and listened to it all thoughout college and pretty much wore out all of the CDs.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theDingle » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:51 pm

Good ol' Mom saw to it that we got The Beatles 2nd Album when it came out. Subsequent Beatle record purchases were intermittent and out of order until Rubber Soul. So then Let It Be was obviously the last of the real McCoys that we got.

Speakin' o' which, I never was one to go in for the later Beatle compilations (unless they were imports, so I did get the UK Oldies) but I would consider Live @ The Hollywood Bowl as a kind of real McCoy, was delighted that it got released even if it was the mid-70s.

I'm just that way with artists that I really like, I ignore the compilations because I prefer the whole context of their original releases---that is unless a real gem of an unreleased rarity is included. That's what the Anthologies and Live @ the BBC were for me, treasure troves of rarities, love 'em, still gettin' mileage out of 'em.

The Rarities album (from '80?) was a marginal real McCoy, yet I thought it had great packaging, so yeah, that one was sort of a pilot Anthology, for me a must-have. 8)
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Postby otter55 » Fri May 25, 2007 7:35 pm

Mine was Meet the Beatles. I was living in Hawaii at the time- during the tsunami alert for the great Anchorage, Alaska Earthquake that year, it turns out my Meet The Beatles record (and my favorite black stuffed dog- hey I was only 8) were the only things I felt were important enough to take with me as we fled to the hills (& thankfully, we had no tsunami on the South Shore of Oahu... Hilo, not so lucky)
My last one- well, recently I picked up the White Album again, in CD.
Beatles records were officially "banned from the house" by my Mom in 1967 after Paul announced he'd dropped acid-(John being "bigger than Jesus" was not as much a big a deal to her) (So- in the spirit of the times, to cope somehow, I countered with Rolling Stones & Grateful Dead albums- haha.) And still, I borrowed Beatles albums from pals- just couldn't spend my dough on them...
You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead
otter55

Next

Return to The Beatles: Albums