Ringo

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Sat Aug 24, 2002 1:25 pm

Ram--don't encourage RRS. Please... LOL

I asked this a while back and I think it got buried among the "poo". Has anyone ever seen Ringo and his AllStar Bnd?

The Return of the Dog 8-23-02
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sun Aug 25, 2002 12:26 am

Sorry. He IS rather...um..."troubled."

Be kind to rams...
Ram1

Postby shinestar » Sun Aug 25, 2002 1:58 am

Ram, for once I totally agree with you re RRS. Besides, he is completely NPC, not to mention Ringo!
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shinestar » Sun Aug 25, 2002 1:59 am

Thanks, Steve! See, I get confused. We're on a Ringo topic talking about George, and then RRS chimes in with - well - whatever and then someone mentions TTLF and I'm like, whose album are we talking about? Very confusing! So thanks for setting me straight! :)
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Brains » Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:16 am

quote:
I asked this a while back and I think it got buried among the "poo". Has anyone ever seen Ringo and his AllStar Band?

Yes, I have. In 1999 I believe, in Leuven, Belgium. He was the closing act of a festival. The line-up had Gary Brooker of Procul Harum, Jack Bruce of Cream, and Peter Frampton (where did he come from?). It was a great concert. Ok, so his voice isn't good. Kinda bad even. Ok, so Ringo's songs aren't as good as the rest of the Beatles'. But he does know how to please a crowd.He's just having so much fun on stage. Some songs he played: It Don't Come Easy, Yellow Submarine, Back Off Boogaloo, You're Sixteen, With A Little Help From My Friends. Gary Brooker played A Whiter Shade Of Pale, Peter Frampton did his weird microphone thing... It was great!

And before Ringo I got to see Ian Dury and the Blockheads. A year later Ian unfortunately died. So I was lucky to be able to see him. Same for him as for Ringo: songs aren't exactly fantastic, but he knows how to make a show.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Sun Aug 25, 2002 12:28 pm

quote:
Thanks, Steve! See, I get confused. We're on a Ringo topic talking about George, and then RRS chimes in with - well - whatever and then someone mentions TTLF and I'm like, whose album are we talking about? Very confusing! So thanks for setting me straight! :)

I get confused most of the day, Shinestar.

I'm still trying to see if anyone has seen Ringo and his various incarnations of his AllStar Band. I saw him on some VH1 thing about storytellers, i think.

The Return of the Dog 8-23-02
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dog » Sun Aug 25, 2002 6:09 pm

saw richie & co. back in '89...august 13(?)jones beach...5,000 people lit up simultaneously during "With a Little Help From My Friends"...it's tough to sing and inhale at the same time!
dog

Postby dakota » Mon Aug 26, 2002 7:53 pm

I saw Ringo & TASB back in '92 at the Pacific Ampitheater in Costa Mesa,CA. 3 of my friends and I sat centerstage about 15 rows back. I wish Ringo didn't sit quite so many songs out. Aside from that the show was entertaining.
dakota

Previous

Return to RINGO