Adopt-A-Mindfield

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Sun May 12, 2002 7:54 pm

By the way, even "Mr. Peace" himself, John Lennon, felt a similar way. Even though he was generally for non-violence, he also said that he was human, and that he might change his mind in a particular situation. I mean, come on...we're dealing with Taliban psychos here. They're not gonna stop killing innocent people if we just "talk" with them. These lunatics need to be wiped off the face of the earth. I hate to say that, but that's just the way it is.

Edited by - Ram1 on 05/12/2002 19:57:16
Ram1

Postby scrodfish256 » Sun May 12, 2002 8:02 pm

couldn't agree with you more. If we don't take care of it now then it's just going to go on forever. If paul didn't agree with what america is doing right now then why in the hell is he touring over here and promoting "freedom" He is telling us to stand up for our selves!!!! Like ram pointed out erlier, It's right in the lyrics.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby dakota » Sun May 12, 2002 10:29 pm

Heather Mills had a track record prior to Macca of breaking off many consecutive marriage engagements in a short span of time (this is what I've read). She is a product of a disfunctional family which is probably why she appears to be a unstable adult when it comes to personal relationships. I find it interesting that she has been able to stick around with Macca even this long. What is her real attraction to him?.......the fame and le beaucoup d'argent?!?!?!
dakota

Postby shinestar » Mon May 13, 2002 12:09 am

Well, considering she and Paul have been together 3 years now, I don't think this is a short span of time. She and her siblings were homeless for awhile - don't remember how long or what the circumstances were but she apparently took care of them, then got to be a swimsuit model. As I have said to others' dismay and disgust, I feel this is a case of flattered infatuation of both sides. She doesn't need his money since she is a multi-millionaire and even though he's now a billionaire I think it's relative. If she needs anything from him other than love and understanding which I think she gets, it's the public glamor he brings which gets her charities attention on a scale she didn't get before. She has said many times that she worked as a model to make "a fortune" and then used that money to create charitable foundations. I for one find this admirable. I also don't think she's looking for a father figure since her previous romances were with men in her own age group, as far as I can recall. I sincerely hope I'm not gonna get more flack from people on this as I'm simply replying to someone in the hope of shedding light on what they said.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shinestar » Mon May 13, 2002 12:16 am

Ram1, I think my "problem" is I'm 61 to your 24. Or maybe I should say it's YOUR problem.

Of course what those idiots did was horrendous. I once worked in the South Tower of the Trade Center and it was one of my all time favorite places to work so I have great sadness and horror at what happened. But I don't believe that our going over there and killing their innocent people solves anything. This is 2002, for crying out loud. Why haven't we learned that retaliatory violence just does not work? What does it take for us as humans to learn that? Why isn't there a world-wide group, supposedly what the UN should be, to make nations accountable for the actions without bloodshed? I know most of you are too young to remember Viet Nam or to have been personally affected by it, i.e., drafted. But people my age back then felt it was wrong and there had to be a better way to handle things. I still feel that way. Please, try to stop being angry and vengeful just for a few minutes and try to understand how horrible all this is. Cripes, talk about bad karma!
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby RedRoseSpeedway » Mon May 13, 2002 12:18 am

Oops, too bad. You're gonna get some flack. You contradicted yourself, Shinestar. First, you said that since they've been together 3 years, that's hardly a short time. Then later on, you say you think this is a case of infatuation. How can it just be "infatuation" after 3 years? If it were just infatuation, it would have been over ages ago.
RedRoseSpeedway

Postby Ram1 » Mon May 13, 2002 12:50 am

Shinestar: Are you for real?

First of all, I'm sick an tired of the age comments. This is REALLY irritating me. Who cares if you're 61 and I'm 24 when it comes to this subject?? I'm sick of you talking down to other people like we're stupid. Not to toot my own horn, (because I absolutely HATE doing that), but I happen to be an intelligent, college educated ADULT, and I believe I have very valid opinions when it comes to this subject. You talk about YOUR generation. Yeah, well maybe you did live through Vietnam. So I agree that you were more closely affected by it than I am. I'll give you that. But, now this is MY generation, and I believe I can very well UNDERSTAND what is going on in the world around me, especially after Sept. 11th. Plus, it is brave men and women MY AGE who are over there defending YOUR butt. So please stop throwing your age around. I have the utmost respect for my elders, and always try to heed their wisdom. But when they talk down to me like I'm a little ignorant baby, I automatically tune them out.

Secondly, we were intitally talking about PAUL McCARTNEY'S FEELINGS towards Sept. 11th. You didn't believe me when I said he was for defense, so I showed you the proof. But somehow, I knew you'd still have something to say.

Third, and most importantly of all, this is NOT retaliatory violence. It's SELF DEFENSE!! Shinestar, (and no I'm not talking down to you, like you've done to me so many times), haven't you been watching the news the past 8 months? If so, you'd see that the Taliban aren't into talking and peacefully solving matters. They're KILLERS, BUTCHERS, MAIMERS, ETC. You can't get through to these people peacefully. Whether you worked in the World Trade Center at one time or not, that's irrelevent in a way. The point is, they BRUTALLY KILLED OUR INNOCENT BROTHERS AND SISTERS. What are we suppose to do, Shinestar? Send Jesse Jackson over there to crack open a couple of cold ones, and rap with Osama? THESE PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO TALK. THEY WANT TO KILL. This is self defense. If we didn't defend ourselves, the Taliban, (as well as various nations and other lunatic groups), would continue to ravage our land...over and over and over and over again. We can't just sit back and do nothing. Actually, I would think that having worked at the WTC at one time, you'd understand this better.

Hey, this is no Vietnam, Shinestar. I was not alive during that tumultuous time, however, from all that I've seen and read over the years, I disagree with America's role in Vietnam as well. BUT THIS AIN'T NO VIETNAM. The Viet Cong didn't come over to our country and kill thousands of innocent people on our soil. This is self defense plain and simple.

Look, Shinestar, I wish we could solve things peacefully and without violence as well. Who doesn't? I wish we could solve things over tea and a handshake. But the world doesn't work that way. It's stand up and defend yourself, or be knocked down again, and again, and again. And what would we be showing for our loved ones who were killed if we didn't defend ourselves and their honor?

And having said that, I'm sure you'll STILL try to pick apart what I wrote. But what do I know? I'm just 24 years old.
Ram1

Postby airdog » Mon May 13, 2002 9:09 am

I worked at WTC for about 6 yrs from 79 to 85.I was an independant contractor, but made many hundreds of visits. Knew both 1 and 2WTC intimately, as well as the levels underneath. This was during the years when there were many vacancies on the upper floors. I could take an hour lunch break on,say, the 102nd, 105th floors, which were empty, but for yours truly.No cubicles, nothing. Just me, some grub, and a fragrant herbal cigarette or two. I could wander freely and get any view I chose. Matter of fact, after being away for a couple of years, the guards from the lower levels(at the Vesey Street ramp entrance)knew me so well that they waved me in with nothing more than big smiles and cheerful hellos. I often wonder if they were still there last september. I often parked right near the "cop shop" on lower level two,where the original attack occurred in 93.Adjacent to the small underground police station was a bank of pay phones and maybe 8 or ten vending machines. I can still recall the little nods of recognition from some of the more familiar "men in blue".Gotta wonder about those fine gentlemen, as well...
But I have to admit, NEVER, until after the state-sponsored homocidal attacks of 9-11-01, did I hear anybody refer to these bldgs. as the "south" or "north" towers. These characterizations were created by the media in the wake of the attacks. It was ONLY 1worldtrade(like a single word), or 2worldtrade...some comments made by others on this website just don't ring true, frankly.
As for my feelings on the psychotic attacks there, and at the Pentagon, and FL93, I think Neil Young's "Let's Roll" as well as Macca's "Freedom" pretty much say it all.

PEACE!(through superior firepower...)

Edited by - airdog on 05/13/2002 21:16:31
airdog

Postby Wings » Mon May 13, 2002 6:00 pm

Right on Ram1.
Wings

Postby shorty » Mon May 13, 2002 7:02 pm

Right on Ram1.
SHINESTAR all you are proving is you are a fake, you contridict everything you say, find excuses by using age against others,You have done everything and know all.

Give me a break, in one post you try to argue by saying"have any of you ever performed on stage" yes a few of us have dear. Anytime someone say's something you have done it you were there. Stop promoting your fakeness, and I don't care if that's not a word, because I don't give two Sh!#'s what you think and I think I speak for many a person on here.

Thank you goodbye

so long see ya never
shorty

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions