Pink Floyd

Discussions of Beatle-related news & artists such as Badfinger, James Taylor, Mary Hopkins.

Moderator: Mike

Postby theDingle » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:21 pm

dsnito wrote:And you know what Ding-o? I HAVE that album...searching in my LP collection there was AHM!! Since a long time having not listened to that LP, I've just forgot that I own that...I thought I've lent that to someone and you've just recalled about AHM to me, THANKS!!!! :D
C-H-O-K-E! You're welcome--yeah dsnito, I know what you mean, I'm getting up in years too!

What a great album cover, too--you can almost smell the cow manure! :lol:
not shmingking of gin
theDingle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby chris » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:29 pm

Personally, I loved the Floyd. But I subscribe to the notion that they didn;t start making "great" music till Meddle came out. I think it was all of side two that first gave us an idea of what was to come next in Dark Side.

And for God sakes, after Roger Waters left the band, it really should have been some sort of crime to have the band continue to call thenselves Pink Floyd.

I'm just sayin...
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:45 pm

theDingle wrote:
dsnito wrote:And you know what Ding-o? I HAVE that album...searching in my LP collection there was AHM!! Since a long time having not listened to that LP, I've just forgot that I own that...I thought I've lent that to someone and you've just recalled about AHM to me, THANKS!!!! :D
C-H-O-K-E! You're welcome--yeah dsnito, I know what you mean, I'm getting up in years too!

What a great album cover, too--you can almost smell the cow manure! :lol:

:lol: Yeah, that was known in Brazil as the "little cows album" for the cover.
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby EddieV » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:49 am

dsnito wrote:
UsagiAndMamoru wrote:David Gilmour played guitar on the "Run Devil Run" album, don't forget.

Well, if we're talking about POST-Beatles time that's alright...but GENERALLY we should talk about THE BEATLES as a GROUP time in this thread...but that's OK... :)

He also plays guitar on We got Married. Pink Floyd were recording At Abbey Road like Beatles, Wings etc.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:15 am

EddieV wrote:
dsnito wrote:
UsagiAndMamoru wrote:David Gilmour played guitar on the "Run Devil Run" album, don't forget.

Well, if we're talking about POST-Beatles time that's alright...but GENERALLY we should talk about THE BEATLES as a GROUP time in this thread...but that's OK... :)

He also plays guitar on We got Married. Pink Floyd were recording At Abbey Road like Beatles, Wings etc.

Indeed. As I already mentioned above. OK, then I think we can consider some relation even indirectly(at that Beatle-era). Don't forget Gilmour also played that wonderful solo on "No More Lonely Nights"(Give My Regards To Broad Street album)plus played on "Rockestra Theme"(Back To The Egg).
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby EddieV » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:22 am

I recently saw the dvd where the members of Pink Floyd were discussing the making of Dark Side of the Moon. He is one of the best guitarplayers David Gilmour and DSOTM is one the best albums ever.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to The Beatles: Related Discussions