Pink Floyd

Discussions of Beatle-related news & artists such as Badfinger, James Taylor, Mary Hopkins.

Moderator: Mike

Pink Floyd

Postby UsagiAndMamoru » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:56 pm

I'm sure we all know about their awesome performance at Live 8 earlier this year. Pink Floyd is one of my favorite groups, and "The Wall" is a masterpiece! There has to be other Floyd fans here!
UsagiAndMamoru

Postby dsnito » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:06 pm

Yes, certainly there are, me included, I like their music, but we can talk about them in the No Paul Content threads, OK?
Here is the thread about Beatle related artists...well, we can talk about Alan Parsons, the sound engineer that worked with The Beatles(Abbey Road and Let It Be filming sessions), Macca(Wild Life, Red Rose Speedway)and Pink Floyd(The Dark Side Of The Moon)... :wink:
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby UsagiAndMamoru » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:40 am

David Gilmour played guitar on the "Run Devil Run" album, don't forget.
UsagiAndMamoru

Postby theDingle » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:41 pm

Actually dsnito, it seems to me they are Beatle-related "enough." Pink Floyd was even mentioned in Hunter Davies' official Beatle-bio from the 60s (they were sitting in observing a Sgt. Pepper session, I think).

I know they have a muy grande following, but I just like them OK. However, the one album they did, early on, that I think is a masterpiece, is Atom Heart Mother, from like '71 or something. It wasn't particularly commercial like the later stuff (JMO), and it just resonates with me.

The Atom Heart Mother Suite had everything plus the kitchen sink, it was great! Also another great cut was Summer of '68. 8)
not shmingking of gin
theDingle
Gold member :)

Postby dsnito » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:32 am

UsagiAndMamoru wrote:David Gilmour played guitar on the "Run Devil Run" album, don't forget.

Well, if we're talking about POST-Beatles time that's alright...but GENERALLY we should talk about THE BEATLES as a GROUP time in this thread...but that's OK... :)
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:47 am

theDingle wrote:Actually dsnito, it seems to me they are Beatle-related "enough." Pink Floyd was even mentioned in Hunter Davies' official Beatle-bio from the 60s (they were sitting in observing a Sgt. Pepper session, I think).

I know they have a muy grande following, but I just like them OK. However, the one album they did, early on, that I think is a masterpiece, is Atom Heart Mother, from like '71 or something. It wasn't particularly commercial like the later stuff (JMO), and it just resonates with me.

The Atom Heart Mother Suite had everything plus the kitchen sink, it was great! Also another great cut was Summer of '68. 8)

That was cool PF members've been watched Sgt.Pepper sessions...yes, you're quite right Ding-o...they were under the british EMI contract too and they had been recorded in Abbey Road studios at that time, hadn't they??
I like very much "Summer of'68"...I think AHM was released in early 1970, I was 9 and I remember that was the soundtrack of a brazilian evening TV news programme in the early 70s.
Last edited by dsnito on Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby theDingle » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:59 am

dsnito wrote:....I remember that was the soundtrack of a brazilian evening TV news programme in the early 70s.
That's amazing dsnito---I doubt that ever happened in the US, newshows here were too uptight for that kind of imagination, lol...

But that's cool, you're hip to S'68 and AHM, them's goodies! :wink:
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Postby dsnito » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:33 am

theDingle wrote:
dsnito wrote:....I remember that was the soundtrack of a brazilian evening TV news programme in the early 70s.
That's amazing dsnito---I doubt that ever happened in the US, newshows here were too uptight for that kind of imagination, lol...

But that's cool, you're hip to S'68 and AHM, them's goodies! :wink:

I must say that soundtrack was the instrumental part of that song(you know the "baaa-ba-baaa"part), Berks must remember too, he's my contemprary...Berks?? :lol: ...but don't you think that's a bit strange the fact S'68 was a brazilian news show introduction?? For you to see their reputation 'round the world since that time...
Last edited by dsnito on Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby theDingle » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:36 am

dsnito wrote:...but don't you think that's a bit strange that S'68 was a brazilian news show introduction??
Strange?, YES, but I still like their idea, lol 8)
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Postby dsnito » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:37 pm

And you know what Ding-o? I HAVE that album...searching in my LP collection there was AHM!! Since a long time having not listened to that LP, I've just forgot that I own that...I thought I've lent that to someone and you've just recalled about AHM to me, THANKS!!!! :D
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Next

Return to The Beatles: Related Discussions