PHILADELPHIA: Sep.22 & 23 Reports,scans, links etc.

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Cologne girl » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:02 pm

gforce wrote:Maybe when he is 83 he will play theaters, and us Wings/solo fans will get our wish.

CHOKE! If I'm still around then, I'll be 61... well, better late than never, that's what they say, isn't it?
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theDingle » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:45 pm

Ram1 wrote:CHOKE!! Dingadoo, I have a question regarding the opening of the show....what happens WHEN the curtain rises. I mean, is Paul already sitting at the piano to go right into MMT....or does the band walk out? I'm wondering to get an idea, and also if that is when Paul's piano rises from the floor, (hence the drop in the "hole.")
I'm not sure how well I can answer this, Rambominable. :?

Paul plays bass on MMT, but I somehow didn't catch it that Paul's mic got hung up in the rising curtain---I was just stupified staring at him, lol (from the over-his-shoulder-seating-section)--- also the screen in our section didn't switch on right at the beginning either.

Also, he doesn't play piano until Fine Line, 'bout nine songs into it.
not shmingking of gin
theDingle
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:52 pm

theDingle wrote:Paul plays bass on MMT

Ohhh ok, thanks Ding-a-zoom-zoom. I am surprised. I thought Paul played the "magic" piano on MMT like he did back in '93. I DID think it was odd that Paul would start the concert on piano. Thanks for the clarification!!
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:57 pm

Also surprised that he plays bass on Flaming Pie. I thought for sure he would play that one on the pianer.
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
Ram1

Postby misteranderson » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:20 am

Wow. What a setlist! Really looking forward to Friday night at The Garden.

As for the heavy Beatles content, that's what most people want to hear, and The Beatles never got around to playing their very best stuff live.

Paul did his best work when he had two strong writers to compete with. He's written some very good stuff since then, and I'd like to hear "No More Lonely Nights" or "Take it Away" or various other solo things that I suppose he'll never play again, but to be honest, I'd rather hear "I Will" and "Helter Skelter."

--Dave A.
misteranderson

Postby theDingle » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:52 pm

I meant to make a note---at the concert I was checking out Paul's shoes, trying to determine if they were really Beatle boots, but couldn't exactly tell---

Then I read the Macca-Central article "McCartney, and his songs, make this tour magical" where it was mentioned that he was indeed wearing them, cool!

.....think I need to go out and get me a pair!, lol 8)
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Postby theDingle » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:54 am

Steve-o wrote:These so called "review professionals" just kill me with how little they actually know and how unprofessional they are in their preparation.....From Wing-man to Quarryman, McCartney showed he still has fun in the biz by ripping through ''Jet'' before switching to the pre-Beatles band tune ''Oh, Yeah.'' HUH?

On a piano, he turned out new goodies ''Jenny Wren'' WHAT?

Just typical, isn't it?
WAD, and it's that dadburn Morecambe & Wise School of Journalism--you know, they always called Ringo "Bongo." :lol:
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Postby Helter Skelter » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:50 pm

Too bad people kept having their own talkshows in between the songs and in the acoustic section. (A woman is talking about her bloody wedding through Jenny Wren on my bootleg from Philly 23/9 :evil: )
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby freakmeeko » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:20 am

I saw him the second performance. Loved the spark shower in "Follow Me" and the "Can I Have a Hug" thing. Please don't flame me if I said something wrong.
freakmeeko

Postby theDingle » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:28 am

Steve-o wrote:These so called "review professionals" just kill me with how little they actually know and how unprofessional they are in their preparation.....!
It happened again, this time in the new Rollingstone--'course we know they ain't been paying due attention for a number of decades, but I digress---Paul is talking, page 56:

"So you get a song of mine like "Monkberry Moon Delight" [from McCartney], which is..."

...from McCartney? Right, Big Bad RS. :x

(Then again, I know the Beatles didn't always know what song was on which album, but there's no excuse for fans, lol....certainly NOT the 'stone {read with a sneer.... :puker})

At least they put in a picture of those Sgt. Pepper kids in Philly....
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours