Is any of you as allergic to John as I am?

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:07 pm

Ram1 wrote:dude?
Erm...Ramster...this dude looks like a lady, lol. In fact, ms mi is a fabulous looking newlywed!

http://planet.nana.co.il/efratmilo/

No hard feelings, eh, mi? :wink:
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mi » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:34 am

Steve-o wrote:
Erm...Ramster...this dude looks like a lady, lol. In fact, ms mi is a fabulous looking newlywed!

Thanks! :D
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Ram1 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:51 am

Steve-o wrote:

CHOKE!!!! Where's Steven Tyler when you need him? :lol: Thanks for telling me, buddy! Mi, I am VERY sorry for...erm...confusing your gender. Actually, I saw your picture a few weeks ago, but I forgot who's profile it was. Yes, you are a beautiful looking newlywed. CONGRATULATIONS!! And I echo Steve's sentiments, no hard feelings. I'm glad you finally "listened" to what I had to say, whether you agree or disagree. As for the tapes, I would suggest looking on amazon.com, I might look myself. It seems to me I saw them on there a couple years ago. I'm not sure. Your/our best bet might be to look on Ebay. I'm sure they're out there somewhere.
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
Ram1

Postby mi » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:36 pm

Ram1 wrote:
Steve-o wrote:

CHOKE!!!! Where's Steven Tyler when you need him? :lol: Thanks for telling me, buddy! Mi, I am VERY sorry for...erm...confusing your gender. Actually, I saw your picture a few weeks ago, but I forgot who's profile it was. Yes, you are a beautiful looking newlywed. CONGRATULATIONS!! And I echo Steve's sentiments, no hard feelings. I'm glad you finally "listened" to what I had to say, whether you agree or disagree. As for the tapes, I would suggest looking on amazon.com, I might look myself. It seems to me I saw them on there a couple years ago. I'm not sure. Your/our best bet might be to look on Ebay. I'm sure they're out there somewhere.

Thanks again :D ! I noticed you were calling me "dude" but I didn't think you thought I was a man. That is always the problem in English... it always bothers us, Hebrew-speakers that is, because we have different personal pronouns, and inflections of verbs, for male and female...I have tried a few times to mark "female" on my profile but it just stays on "non specified" for some reason.
I am watching the wedding video as we speak. I just love to see our first slow dance, which was to the sounds of "My Love". It just looks like Paul is singing it especially for us...
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby dsnito » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:21 pm

To like or not like John or any other, is a right guaranteed to anyone, BUT the way to say this HERE is the question... There is a TRUE fact occured in 1974, Mi...Paul frequented John´s place in L.A.(or it was in NYC??) that time...that was the John´s "Lost Weekend" in the USA, and Paul did talk, got drunk and had fun with him there...do you think someone hurt would do like Paul did?? Yes, John really hurt Paul, as Paul himself provoked John with "Too Many People"lyrics, BUT they really had a brotherhood feelings each other...
You don´t have to read ALL the books about them Mi, but the RIGHT books to know something more. I recommend "Many Years From Now" about Paul, "The Ballad Of John&Yoko" about John, and yet "The Beatles" by Geoffrey Stokes.
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby mi » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:49 am

dsnito wrote:To like or not like John or any other, is a right guaranteed to anyone, BUT the way to say this HERE is the question... There is a TRUE fact occured in 1974, Mi...Paul frequented John´s place in L.A.(or it was in NYC??) that time...that was the John´s "Lost Weekend" in the USA, and Paul did talk, got drunk and had fun with him there...do you think someone hurt would do like Paul did?? Yes, John really hurt Paul, as Paul himself provoked John with "Too Many People"lyrics, BUT they really had a brotherhood feelings each other...
You don´t have to read ALL the books about them Mi, but the RIGHT books to know something more. I recommend "Many Years From Now" about Paul, "The Ballad Of John&Yoko" about John, and yet "The Beatles" by Geoffrey Stokes.

That's interesting because I just watched this TV movie "Two of Us" again this weekend, by Michael Lindsay Hog. It says in the beginning that it doesn't claim to be based on real facts. He just tried to imagine what happened when (according to the myth) Paul suprised John at his house in NY in 1976. It is full of cliches, like someome mentioned here. There is another famous myth according to which John just snubbed Paul at that occasion, told him not to come unannounced anymore and that he had no time for him at the moment. I'm sure you've all heard of it. See what I mean? With so many different versions it's hard to know what to believe. The truth must be somewhere in the middle.
Geoffrey Guiliano in his stupid book "Blackbird" quotes John saying to Paul at that occasion: "I've had a bloody long day with Sean, It's ***censored***' hard work, looking after children in that age...". I know, Guiliano probably just invented this, but when I first read it I thought: "Come on, look who's teaching who about child care...".
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby dsnito » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:16 am

The facts you mentioned also are true, Mi...there was no "myth"as you said. Well, John always had an instable personality you know, and sometimes he didn't like to be "disturbed" by anyone and so he did act as he did.
Look, I'm not his attorney nor want to defend him unconditionally, he really had an untameable nature...just remember when Paul is asked to talk about John, he always refers tenderly about him. Listen to "Here Today"lyrics again...definitely there was no hatred(fussing and fighting sometimes are normal between friends, right?)between them. :wink: :)
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby nerktwin » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:56 am

mi wrote:
dsnito wrote:To like or not like John or any other, is a right guaranteed to anyone, BUT the way to say this HERE is the question... There is a TRUE fact occured in 1974, Mi...Paul frequented John´s place in L.A.(or it was in NYC??) that time...that was the John´s "Lost Weekend" in the USA, and Paul did talk, got drunk and had fun with him there...do you think someone hurt would do like Paul did?? Yes, John really hurt Paul, as Paul himself provoked John with "Too Many People"lyrics, BUT they really had a brotherhood feelings each other...

That's interesting because I just watched this TV movie "Two of Us" again this weekend, by Michael Lindsay Hog. It says in the beginning that it doesn't claim to be based on real facts. He just tried to imagine what happened when (according to the myth) Paul suprised John at his house in NY in 1976. It is full of cliches, like someome mentioned here. There is another famous myth according to which John just snubbed Paul at that occasion, told him not to come unannounced anymore and that he had no time for him at the moment. I'm sure you've all heard of it. See what I mean? With so many different versions it's hard to know what to believe. The truth must be somewhere in the middle.
Geoffrey Guiliano in his stupid book "Blackbird" quotes John saying to Paul at that occasion: "I've had a bloody long day with Sean, It's ***censored***' hard work, looking after children in that age...". I know, Guiliano probably just invented this, but when I first read it I thought: "Come on, look who's teaching who about child care...".

How is John telling Paul not to come unannounced a myth? It came straight out of the mouth of John himself in an interview and I think Paul has confirmed it to people. It wasn't like that, anway, one night Paul and Linda came over and they played songs and got drunk with John and Yoko, then the NEXT NIGHT Paul arrived AGAIN and that's when John told him he was busy- John himself said he didn't mean it to be taken in a bad way- but they had just spent the night before up all night, he was busy with the baby and didn't want to do it again.
nerktwin

Postby DeRick » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:03 pm

Another thing i see between John's 2 disc hit set "Working Class Hero" and Paul's "Wingspan" is Paul's TMP is on his, but why not HDYS on John's hit set? Fair's fair, i always say.
You got 2 choices EMI (or whoever).
1) Either take TMP off "Wingspan" and replace it with "Wings Over America"'s "Lady Madonna". OR
2) Get "Live in New York City"'s "Come Together" off "Working Class Hero" and replace with HDYS?

Sorry for my soap box.
DeRick

Postby RickStark79 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:16 pm

DeRick wrote:Another thing i see between John's 2 disc hit set "Working Class Hero" and Paul's "Wingspan" is Paul's TMP is on his, but why not HDYS on John's hit set? Fair's fair, i always say.
You got 2 choices EMI (or whoever).
1) Either take TMP off "Wingspan" and replace it with "Wings Over America"'s "Lady Madonna". OR
2) Get "Live in New York City"'s "Come Together" off "Working Class Hero" and replace with HDYS?

Sorry for my soap box.

Well, if those are the only two options, I would pick 2, cuz 1 is the one of the worst ideas I've ever heard!
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to JOHN