PHILADELPHIA: Sep.22 & 23 Reports,scans, links etc.

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

PHILADELPHIA: Sep.22 & 23 Reports,scans, links etc.

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:37 am

official thread
Last edited by Mike on Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Mike:

Postby joecas61 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:21 pm

"I will" try my best to give you a wrap on tinights show in Philly around midnight.

Talk then!!

Rock on!!

Joe
joecas61

Philadelphia 9/22 Review

Postby chescopaul » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:07 am

Great show! Fantastic Audience - Same set as all other shows this tour. Unlike other shows I have seen reviewed here - The RAM track - Too Many People was really appreciated by the very knowledgeable Philly crowd!

The pre-show DJ was loudly and roundly booed right off the stage by the time his little show was completed - not a great way to get the crowd going.

Technical issues popped up a couple of times. The first time was as he hit the stage - the curtain got caught on his microphone stand and began to lift it off the stage before Macca could get to it for the first line of Magical Mystery Tour. They kept playing the intro until the stagehands got the stand fixed. Later when his multi-colored piano was brought out if was not set to the right effects and Paul called out the techies to fix it.

A great moment during the last encore when Paul brought Triplets (2 girls and 1 boy) who were dressed head to foot in full Paul Sgt Pepper uniforms up to sing behind him during The End.

The band and Paul were in great form - I would say they sounded even better then the 2002 tour.

Enjoy
chescopaul

POST REPORT ON PHILLY SHOW, DJ GETS BOOED OFF THE STAGE !!!!

Postby joecas61 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:30 am

[b][color=red][/color][size=18][/size]

Ok Guys here we go. I just returned from the first of 2 sold out shows in Philly and all I can say is WOW!!!! Paul looked and sounded awesome!!! The night started off with the some DJ playing some lame-ass music around 8:10pm until he got BOOED off of the stage. Some of the music was McCartney dubbed but 90% was horrible! We were there to see Paul and the sold out center really let him have it and quite Deserving I must say. He Stunk !!! After he hastily left the stage much to the delight of the packed house the lights were lowered around 8:30 for a 10-12 minute video of Paul's Life. The video concluded with excerpts from the last few months and years of pauls life. It gradually built to a crescendo and a 3,2,1 count down ensued and the red curtain rose to "Roll out" "roll out for the Mystery tour" There was a minor mishap when the curtain rose up and snagged Paul's mike and lifted it about 8ft in the air. No Biggie though the boys did not miss a beat and MMT souded great!

Next up was "Flaming pie", "Jet", "I'll get you" and "drive my car". Whether you heard them before in concert or not they were awesome espescially "I'll get you". (oh yea, oh yea)

"Till there was you" was next which had many girls in the crowd weeping and this spectator signing every line. :let me roll it", "got to get yo in my life" both totally rocked the house down!! The Piano then rose up from the middle of the stage which made Paul jokingly tell the srory of the mishap in tampa in which he fell in the pit. "Maybe I'm amazed" Long and winding road and "in spite of all the danger" followed and really took you back to the 70's. "I will " Followed acoustically and was faboulus!!! "Jenny wren" had people scurring for the bathrooms. "For no one" and "fixing a hole" were right on the mark. "english tea followed" and was totally boring! "yellow submarine was skipped and "i'll follow the sun", "follow me", "blackbird" and "eleanor rigby" followed and were sung beautifully and went over really well.

The rocking wings/beatles segment followed with " to many people" it went directly into " bathroom window", " Good day Sunshine" "band on the run", Penny lane", "I've got a feeling", "ussr", Hey jude", and Live and let die; which was spectacular with the pyrotecnics. (this set was AWESOME!!!!!!!

After leaving the stage Paul came back wth and acoustic version of "yesterday" and rocked with the band on "get back" and "Helter skelter which were amazing!

His third encore started with "please please Me" whick gave me goose bumps and sounded great! "Let it be" on the electric piano which was not working right but eventually needed to be rebooted by wix and the final 2 songs of the evening. The chorus from "sgt pepper" and "tHE END"

IN THE MIDDLE OF SGT PEPPER PAUL MOTIONED TO THE STAGE HAND TO RETRIEVE 3 CHILDREN (triplets)FROM THE AUDIENCE AGED BETWEEN 5-7 WHO WERE DRESSED IN blue SGT PEPPER OUTFITS, TO COME UP ON THE STAGE AND BOOGIE WITH THEM DURING THE FINALLY. THEY WERE ADORABLE AND MADE THIER PARENTS VERY PROUD AND THE CROWD GO HOME WITH SMILES ON THIER FACES. THE CHILDREN EVEN HUNG AROUND AND JOINED THE BAND IN A FINAL BOW WHICH WILL UNDOUBTLY MAKE IT ON TO THE DVD.

All in all it was a teRrific show and if you have tickets for one of the upcoming tour dates. DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR AND GO GET A BEVERAGE OR SNACK DURING THE DJ'S 20 MINUTE ROUTINE AND MAKE YOUR BATHROOM CALL DURING EITHER "JENNY WREN OR "ENGLISH TEA"

kEEP ON ROCKING PAUL BUT NEXT TIME LEAVE THE DJ HOME !!!

THANKS FOR A GREAT SHOW !!!!

Joe Cas 61 [/b]
Last edited by joecas61 on Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
joecas61

Postby kylestyle » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:07 am

This is bizarre (I don't want this to come across as bitter for I'm glad you liked the concert) - but it sounds like everyone hated the Twin Freaks stuff (I have the double lp and it's GRRRREAT in my opinion). Same goes for the Chaos and Creation songs, calling them 'bathroom break' songs and boring. I would personally prefer a concert where he did the entire C&C album and left the old Beatles songs in the attic for a change (except for Helter Skelter and I've Got a Feeling etc - songs with a bit of raw blues to it).

I think I'd be quite miffed if the crowd reacted in such a way to ignore his new songs, and ignore the dj doing remixes - which is a fresh and cool way to present Macca's music. Sounds like many just want to live in the past rather than look to the future. Ah well...but it's cool you enjoyed the concert overall. :)
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle

Postby Helter Skelter » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:23 am

The funny thing is that people go to the show and don´t like the new songs.. but had they been on a beatlesalbum they would have been loved.. too bad that people don´t like quality.
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby esto » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:00 am

Sad, but it happens every time. Most people are not such a Macca-freaks as we are.
There is no music to die for, there is only music to live for!
esto
Bronze member
Bronze member

Philly Concert Length

Postby suz573 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:26 am

I was wondering what time the Philly show got over with. I have to give the babysitter a round about time as to when we will be home tonight. Any help would be appreciated.
suz573

Re: Philadelphia 9/22 Review

Postby ND » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:30 am

Just need to say - I was totally emabrassed by the Phil Fans booing Hellraiser. Didn't they realize he was there as picked by Sir Paul. Also - they did not get it when Paul asked for a moment for John and George! Surprised there is any culture in Phil at all. Hope the crowd is more in tune tonite.
This confirms my great appreciation for the NYC audience. No wonder Cream is only palying at MSG!

chescopaul wrote:Great show! Fantastic Audience - Same set as all other shows this tour. Unlike other shows I have seen reviewed here - The RAM track - Too Many People was really appreciated by the very knowledgeable Philly crowd!

The pre-show DJ was loudly and roundly booed right off the stage by the time his little show was completed - not a great way to get the crowd going.

Technical issues popped up a couple of times. The first time was as he hit the stage - the curtain got caught on his microphone stand and began to lift it off the stage before Macca could get to it for the first line of Magical Mystery Tour. They kept playing the intro until the stagehands got the stand fixed. Later when his multi-colored piano was brought out if was not set to the right effects and Paul called out the techies to fix it.

A great moment during the last encore when Paul brought Triplets (2 girls and 1 boy) who were dressed head to foot in full Paul Sgt Pepper uniforms up to sing behind him during The End.

The band and Paul were in great form - I would say they sounded even better then the 2002 tour.

Enjoy
ND

Postby EddieV » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:30 am

Helter Skelter wrote:The funny thing is that people go to the show and don´t like the new songs.. but had they been on a beatlesalbum they would have been loved.. too bad that people don´t like quality.

You´re right.
And people don´t want to try and listen to new songs.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours