Is any of you as allergic to John as I am?

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby mi » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:55 am

james1985 wrote:Mi- you are just plain wrong



Let's rephrase that: you have a certain opinion and I have a different one.
User avatar
mi
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:38 am
Location: Israel

Postby Berkeleyan » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:08 am

I'm not allergic to John Lennon.
Come to think of it, I'm not allergic to great songwriters like him.
I find it very hard to grasp, musicwise, why some people love Paul and hate John, or the other way around.
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
User avatar
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:14 am
Location: Brazil

Postby Ram1 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:39 am

October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
User avatar
Ram1
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 9365
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:58 pm
Location: The United States of America

Postby Ram1 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:56 am

I told myself I wasn't going to respond to this thread anymore because I think it is ridiculous, but since my buddies Steve-o and Dingle have jumped into it, I don't want to hold back. :lol:

Mi, just listen to everybody else here. As Steve and Dingle alluded to, the comments you have made are "Beatles 101." They are things that just about any true Beatles fan should KNOW. And you keep talking about "opinions", but your statements go BEYOND "opinions"....they are just plain wrong and not based in fact whatsoever. Opinions are GREAT, that is what this Forum is for. We LOVE and ENCOURAGE opinions here. But when your'e just plain wrong, you're wrong. And please don't just direct everything to me, "Mr. Ram1." Pretty much everybody here is telling you the same thing. And as others have stated, you really can't be a TRUE Paul McCartney or John Lennon fan without loving the other one. It just doesn't work like that. You may not like the other one as MUCH, but it once again brings me to the "brother" analogy....John and Paul were like unidentical twins, whom both had genius, I mean just AMAZING talent, who LOVED each other very much. You really can't say you love one brother, and the other brother was swine. It's not a Cane and Abel kind of thing.

And once again, ANYBODY here who knows the story of John Lennon and Paul McCartney knows that if Paul were to hear someone, (like yourself), bashing his "brother", he would break out some serious can of Liverpool whoop-a** on you. You don't have your facts right, friend. You need to buy or borrow some Beatles, Paul McCartney, and/or John Lennon books from your local library.
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
User avatar
Ram1
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 9365
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:58 pm
Location: The United States of America

Postby mi » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:31 pm

I didn't want to respond to this thread anymore either, but while we're at it...
Let's take it one step at a time: Liking or not liking "How Do You Sleep" is a matter of opinion and I suppose you can't tell me I am not a "true Macca fan" just because I think this song sucks (actually I don't see how it can work the other way around but let's not get into this) . And don't tell me to read books! You know just as well as I do how misleading books and movies can be. I have read so many books with so many different versions that I don't know what to believe anymore. I must have missed the real reliable ones. I don't believe any library in Israel has them. Actually it's difficult to get them in shops as well. The ones I have I got from relatives abroad or by special orders. If you claim to know solid facts, then - come on, enlight me!
User avatar
mi
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:38 am
Location: Israel

Postby Steve-o » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:05 pm

mi---PLEASE don't PM me anymore. If you have something to say, say it here. Otherwise, I'll just keep deleting.

Thanks!
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
User avatar
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:18 pm
Location: USA

Postby Ram1 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:41 pm

mi wrote:If you claim to know solid facts, then - come on, enlight me!


Um, I just did. So did everybody else here. And as Steve-o has asked you to stop PM'ing him, I ask that you stop directing ALL of your comments towards ME. Just about everybody here is telling you the same thing. Maybe I am just going into detail more. And... if you want to take it "one step further", George Harrison played lead guitar on HDYS. Are you "allergic" to George as well....for playing on such a "poisonous" track? I think you should be. I mean come on, if John wrote such a "poisonous" song, Hari must be just as bad for "joining in on the horrid poisonous fun", right?

And as for your books, etc...some things are just Beatles 101. Yes, there are many fraudulent books out there, but then don't get the fraudulent ones. Buy "Many Years from Now", or the like. And not to be funny or sound big-headed, but most of us here are VERY well-read in Beatles history (as a group and solo), and I'm not just talking about "books." There is a reason many of us are here. It's not just because we're Beatles fans who own one record. Or, (NO OFFENSE TO ANY OF OUR NEW MEMBERS!), people who just joined this forum because Paul McCartney has a new HIGHLY publicized album that just came out and a new tour. We are here because, yes, we LOVE the man, the music, the group, etc., but we KNOW our facts, dude. I'm not saying anyone here knows EVERYTHING, of course we don't. But come on, give us some credit. When you have like 10 different people telling you how it was/is, don't you think you should listen?
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
User avatar
Ram1
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 9365
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:58 pm
Location: The United States of America

Postby mi » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:05 am

Ram1 wrote:if Paul were to hear someone, (like yourself), bashing his "brother", he would break out some serious can of Liverpool whoop-a** on you.


Maybe, but I don't believe he would agree with any of you that this song is "awesome" either. It's no secret that it hurt him deeply.
User avatar
mi
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:38 am
Location: Israel

Postby Ram1 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:01 am

mi wrote:
Ram1 wrote:if Paul were to hear someone, (like yourself), bashing his "brother", he would break out some serious can of Liverpool whoop-a** on you.


Maybe, but I don't believe he would agree with any of you that this song is "awesome" either. It's no secret that it hurt him deeply.


Mi--The point is, at the end of the day, when it's all said and done....paul got OVER it. They BOTH got over it. It's ancient history, done, finite, nil, gone. John and Paul "made up" over 25 years ago. HDYS obviously bothers you much more than it does Paul.

And as a side note: Even though Paul is my "man", I have to stick up for John here. Althought HDYS was a VERY venomous song, (I will admit that, even though I love the tune anyway), it was John's response to SEVERAL of Paul's "digs" towards John off of RAM. Too Many People wasn't the only song. John explained later that there were actually several little "hidden" lyrics off RAM that were directed at John and Yoko....by "hidden", I mean some personal things that only John and Paul would understand. This IS documented. Many of these lyrics off RAM were in reference to the lawsuit The Beatles were entwined in at the time. For example, I think it was John who explained that at the end of "Backseat of my Car", the "We believe that we can't be wrong" part was Paul saying that he and Linda were right about their stance in the lawsuit. Again, that is just one example of the "hidden" messages to John that Paul put in RAM. I believe there are others, but some of those I think only John and Paul would understand. And again, this is ALL documented, and in John's own words. In fact, if you can ever find it, I think it would be GREAT of you to get the "Lost Lennon Tapes" by Eliot Mintz, a long time friend and confidant of John an Yoko who conducted HUNDREDS of hours of interviews with J & Y back in the 70's, and leading up close to John's death. I believe they were released and on sale a couple years ago, I'm sure you could still purchase them somewhere. "The Lost Lennon Tapes" was a weekly Sunday morning program that came on the radio in the late 80's that my brother and i used to listen to. Hosted by Mintz, he would play all of these recorded interviews for a couple hours, with Beatles/John's songs interspersed throughout the program. My brother taped many of these shows, and I found one of the tapes a while back. Some very riveting and revealing stuff on there. I think, if you listened to these interviews, you'd have a much better appreciation for John. In fact, man I wish I could send you a copy of the one tape I have. GREAT stuff. In fact, I encourage EVERYBODY here to seek out these tapes, if you don't already have them. I think you would have a MUCH better appreciation for John. By this time, he was much more humble, mature, peaceful, and just plain down to earth. Defintitely a person you would want to have lunch with.

John talks about the "RAM situation", and also praises Paul and shows his love for him a lot. And also speaks a lot about his desire for The Beatles to get back together. In fact, I believe had John lived, they DEFINITELY would have gotten back together. John was all for it, he just wanted to do it for the "right reasons." But anyway, I just thought I'd share that with you. You should really look into it. In fact, I think I may look into it myself to see if the set is still available, so I can have the complete volume.
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
User avatar
Ram1
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 9365
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:58 pm
Location: The United States of America

Postby mi » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:28 pm

Thanks, I would love to hear those tapes. I'll just inqire in shops or in the internet.
User avatar
mi
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:38 am
Location: Israel

PreviousNext

Return to JOHN

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron