Retirement

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:06 pm

quote:
To each his own OSM. I think the Police was about 10 times better than all of Gordie's solo projects put together. More energy. He has some really nice solo work, but it's few and far between for me. Again--to each his own.

Check out "The Soul Cages". One of the finest albums I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. Especially the finale, "When The Angels Fall". One of the best songs ever written, it outdoes Every Breath You Take. Also on this album, there's "All This Time" - which sounds like it could have been a Police song, actually

I can't recommend that album enough.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby BandOnTheRun1 » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:11 pm

Every Breath You Take was his zenith. And you say it is better. That's saying alot. Maybe I will check it out. I have not liked anything of his since his first solo effort.

You seem to like him very much, Mr OSM--is there a Sting or Police forum much like this one that you visit--or is this your only outlet for promoting Sting?
BandOnTheRun1

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:13 pm

Well, this is the only forum I visit.

As for "promoting Sting", well, he's not the only artist that I have given critical acclaim to on this forum - look through my posts and you'll find me lavishing praise on a number of very varied artists, from 70s pop acts like ABBA & ELO - although both were capable of much more than just chart-friendly pop - to hard rock like Foreigner and Bryan Adams. And that's just a handful of the acts I would recommend.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:15 pm

quote:
You seem to like him very much, Mr OSM--is there a Sting or Police forum much like this one that you visit--or is this your only outlet for promoting Sting?

Sorry in advance, 'cos this is picky, but if I went to a Sting/Police forum, I wouldn't exactly need to "promote him" there - if anything I'd be promoting Paul there and they'd ask me the same questions. But no, as I said already, this is the only forum I visit.

And I do say that Paul is the best songwriter ever. I may have said Sting is better than John, but never better than Paul

Liam OSM

Postby BandOnTheRun1 » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:16 pm

If you have over 1700 posts, I don't think I'll be alive long enough to visit all of them, to be quite honest--that would take me years to read! I enjoy peeking in from time to time. This forum seems fun, but is hard to follow at times, because the posts don't match the titles.
BandOnTheRun1

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:18 pm

Yeah - Mike's been on at us all about that we try to use the NPC forum for non-Paul-related threads, but so many threads drift off-topic - typically, by the third page of any thread, it will have gone OT.

Liam OSM

Postby numberwriter » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:22 pm

yup... if you wanna talk about stink, cant you just do a link to it here?
numberwriter

Postby numberwriter » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:23 pm

ting better than john? my god, boy
numberwriter

Postby BandOnTheRun1 » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:56 pm

I just noticed that too. Sting a better writer than John? That's pretty profound.
BandOnTheRun1

Postby numberwriter » Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:47 pm

profound? is that a polite way to say bull****? lol
numberwriter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions