What made you like Paul better than the other Beatles?

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:19 am

I love all beatles equally, but I Eat Pauls For Breakfast :D
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:20 am

Bluebird wrote:
EddieV wrote:Paul was so engaged in The Beatles and was the drivingforce behind that group!!!
The Golden sentence! Amen
He seems to be getting back that driving force with Nigel Godrich as producer though...
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby jamie » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:59 pm

its simple - he was the most accessible, John's sardonic humour wasn't to all tastes , George was a little bit more reluctant and Ringo was erm.. the drummer , Macca was made for superstar status, the persona he presents was and is now the same as an elder world statesman :)
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Bluebird » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:32 pm

Lazarus_2 wrote:
Bluebird wrote:
EddieV wrote:Paul was so engaged in The Beatles and was the drivingforce behind that group!!!
The Golden sentence! Amen
He seems to be getting back that driving force with Nigel Godrich as producer though...
We aren´t talking solo careers now..that´s a completely different case..
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:59 am

As a group I love'em all... The Beatles=4 equal slices of an apple.
As solo artist in order:
Paul - he's like a music wizard that takes melodies from nowhere, that's wonderful!! A genius of music!!And for his simplicity despite the legend that he is.
John - another genius with an untamed personality, raw and sincere in his words, knew well how to put his thoughts and life phylosophy on his songs.
George - I love his guitar sound first, and the spirituality and sense of humor in his lyrics beyond the fact he was also an awesome melodyst.
Ringo - he was the "spirit"of The Beatles, the heartbeat of the band and as a solo artist, the ever "good fellow", simple and the most warmful artist that I ever know.
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

John and Paul : I can't imagine...

Postby Jeremy K2 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:55 am

Hi

I don't know if I'm alone here, but I've always found it hard to like John too much as a person. No, I didn't know him of course, but his son Julian certainly did. I just can't imagine Paul negelcting his son and wife as John did. I can't imagine Paul being so cruel and slanderous as John. I can't imagine Paul falling for the tricks of someone like Yoko. I can't imagine Paul (and he didn't) slagging of John in public like John did to Paul. I can't imagine Paul writing about peace whilst engaging in such vitriol like John did.

Now having said this don't gt me wrong. For all these comments John was Paul's mate and I'm sure had genuine underlying love for his other three Beatle mates. He was a thinker and bought many controversial and important ideas/values to the world's attention. Thus I am not a John hater it's just that through history I've always thought Paul was the most diplomatic and far-less viscuious of the two. As someone else in this section referred too: Paul has never slagged off the Beatles compared to John and George. Paul in my opinion has always been able to remain reserved from such harshness and I have always admired him for that.

What has all of this got to do with why Paul is my favourite Beatle. Simply because these are gentle and kind personality traits that Paul possesses and these invariably come into his songwriting including his Beatle numbers. An artist can't put out the quantity of material Paul has without one being able to formulate some understanding of who the artist is.

Paul's love for love, love of family, importance of friendship, fondness for the past, are a large part of who he is. Whilst he may often be condemed for such personaloity traits I believe these to be the qualities of a mighty fine person and they are qualities evident in his songwriting.

Whilst John has always been hailed for his global peace etc messages Paul has always been producing songs about love and peace just simply on a more human, everyday scale. This has lead to John being iconised and Paul being relegated as the second fiddler. THIS SHOULDN'T BE SO AS BOTH MESSAGES ARE EQUALLY IMPORTANT. Consequently for every man's 'Imagine', and 'Give Peace a Chance', I will happily take 'Yesterday', 'I Will' etc...

Before closing I do note that however that both Paul and John created songs that are more typical of the other. John's 'In My Life' being a great example of a beautiful gentle song not about world peace but about what he has loved on a personal level. There are obvious emotional components of John and Paul evident in their songwriting and for me I prefer the Paul stuff for the most part, however other's will of course prefer the political and bigger concept ideologies of John in song. Of course there is a vague general theme to each persons songwriting, but there are also many exceptions. Put the two together of course and what do you get..., Beatles Brilliance!

Boy have I waffled on.
Cheers
Jeremy
Jeremy K2

Re: John and Paul : I can't imagine...

Postby mi » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:27 am

Jeremy K2 wrote:Hi

I don't know if I'm alone here, but I've always found it hard to like John too much as a person. No, I didn't know him of course, but his son Julian certainly did. I just can't imagine Paul negelcting his son and wife as John did. I can't imagine Paul being so cruel and slanderous as John. I can't imagine Paul falling for the tricks of someone like Yoko. I can't imagine Paul (and he didn't) slagging of John in public like John did to Paul. I can't imagine Paul writing about peace whilst engaging in such vitriol like John did.

What has all of this got to do with why Paul is my favourite Beatle. Simply because these are gentle and kind personality traits that Paul possesses and these invariably come into his songwriting including his Beatle numbers. An artist can't put out the quantity of material Paul has without one being able to formulate some understanding of who the artist is.

Paul's love for love, love of family, importance of friendship, fondness for the past, are a large part of who he is. Whilst he may often be condemed for such personaloity traits I believe these to be the qualities of a mighty fine person and they are qualities evident in his songwriting.

Whilst John has always been hailed for his global peace etc messages Paul has always been producing songs about love and peace just simply on a more human, everyday scale.

Wow, thanks Jeremy. We are just seeing eye to eye on these issues. :D
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Jeremy K2 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:05 am

Hi Mi

To bad you don't live in Australia as I've noted your commentary on this forum and agree with your comments and share exactly the same understandings and love of Paul McCarteny and his music.

Thanks for the reply.
Cheers
Jeremy
Jeremy K2

Postby Jeremy K2 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:13 am

whoops!

Sorry Mi : I think I may be confusing you with some other writers with a similar name who have written in so my last comment may not make much sense.

But thanks muchly for your share comments.
Much appreciated
Jeremy
Jeremy K2

Postby mi » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 am

Hi.
I would love to visit Australia. Maybe sometime, when I win the lottery...meanwhile my husband and I are just going to Paris next week, for a honeymoon.
You know, sometimes I feel so desperate that I think I will probably get to Australia before Paul ever comes to Israel... :wink:
mi
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle