Beatles Concert

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Beatles Concert

Postby modelt » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:17 am

I am a new member, i live in the states. Have been a Beatles fan for a LONG time,
My wife and i were watching the relief concert for Hurricane Katrina victims on MTV, and Sir Paul performed. Which was really great
My comment to my wife was: I have the ULTIMATE touring group. And i know i will get a lot of feedback.
Imagine Paul doing a series of world concert shows with Ringo on drums, George Harrison's SON on lead guitar and Jullian Lennon on guitar.
Think of the instant sellout on EVERY TOUR.
It probaly would never happen,but still it would be one hell of a kick-ass concert.
I am not saying to do these shows for the Katrina fund, but just a really great tour.
A tour like that would blow anything that's out there, right out of water
If Paul sees this, think about it. I'll be your guitar roadie
modelt

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:44 am

I'll take the band that he has now, thank-you very much. Your lineup, while interesting to think about, would never happen, and frankly, could never be as good as what he has now--not even close. And really, Julian plays a bit of keyboard, but that's really it.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kylestyle » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:57 am

I think it would be a bit sad if it came to that. Let's look forward to the future.. Paul's made one of the best albums of his solo career... though others would beg to differ, in an extreme way. It's like they don't like ANY of the songs. I don't understand this at all. I mean... I wasn't exactly overjoyed with Driving Rain initially... but I still loved Lonely Road, About You, Rinse The Raindrops, Heather etc... y'know...I still found a LOT to like. But ah well...
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)

Postby mi » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:53 am

Hi modelt, welcome to the forum.
I don't think it is such a good idea...Julian Lennon and Dhanny Harrison are not John and George and never will be. Paul has no need to cling to the past and to descendents of former partners to make people come and see him in concerts. That would be pathetic. He has proven a long time ago that he is good enough on his own and that he's much more than just a symbol of the glorious past.
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby 2 of 3 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:58 am

Just replace Paul with James and Sean and see what happens. :wink:
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mi » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:12 pm

2 of 3 wrote:Just replace Paul with James and Sean and see what happens. :wink:

Hmmm...don't like the sound of that. They are individual persons, you know, not younger copies of their fathers.
I once saw a TV report about Stella, and Paul spoke for a minute or two. When he spoke they wrote on the screen - "Paul McCartney - a musician and stella's father". I remember thinking: "Hello! Now he is her father? Whatever happened to "she's his daughter??
Last edited by mi on Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby 2 of 3 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:22 pm

Hmmm...don't like the sound of that

That's why I put the :wink: beside it. :P
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theDingle » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:11 pm

Welcome modelt, I think I probably live not too far from you.

As to your line-up, I can't see it happening, but it would be a hoot as a one-time jam, for instance, just last night I was watching Concert for George again. Something like that maybe, a song or two.

I don't think they miked Dhani quite well enough so that one could get a sense of his individual vocal, but it would be interesting to really hear what his voice sounds like.
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Postby HeyJude » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:48 pm

mi wrote:I once saw a TV report about Stella, and Paul spoke for a minute or two. When he spoke they wrote on the screen - "Paul McCartney - a musician and stella's father". I remember thinking: "Hello! Now he is her father? Whatever happened to "she's his daughter??

That's funny, but I think it's really good in a way. Children of celebrities are usually just the famous XY'y son/daughter. Stella became a successful designer in her own right, and when something, like a report is about her, and Paul really is just mentioned as 'musician and her father', that's a great thing, how many of celebrities' kids can achieve that? But I see where you're coming from, it's a bit annoying when Paul is just some random ole musician for people (younger generations especially).
Welcome to the forum, modelt!
one sweet dream came true today!!!!!
4.6.2004 Leipzig
yay Anna!!!! :mrgreen:
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member

Postby kylestyle » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:17 pm

I saw a little interview on tv with Paul a couple of days ago on a showbiz gossip show and he himself drew attention to that particular incident. They also showed him preparing for Miami and bits of the Fine Line video - it's good seeing Paul get some glowing publicity for the album and tour!
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle

Next

Return to Paul as a Beatle