Linda´s album Wild Praire

Discussions of Beatle-related news & artists such as Badfinger, James Taylor, Mary Hopkins.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Laura » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:45 pm

I have the cd but haven't heard it in a long
time
Laura
Supporter
Supporter

Postby HeyJude » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:58 pm

I've only heard 2 songs from it, Cow and Endless Days - the latter is not that bad I think.
one sweet dream came true today!!!!!
4.6.2004 Leipzig
yay Anna!!!! :mrgreen:
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member

Postby King_Monkey! » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:47 pm

I went to one of her London concerts in 1996! Not because I like her or her music though its good for a laugh - but because she was connected to The Beatles. No one wanted to go with me so I had to take my mum at the height of her depression! I thought she would like a night out in London and be happy to be spending time with her son, but it turned out to be quite the opposite!! She says it was the the most worse night of her life! And blames the sounds she heard for lapsing back into a worse state of depression.

There was one que for a dirty sex show next to the queue for Yoko's show and a man kept asking her if she had come to see the "other" show! It was awful because Yoko wanted it to be a standing venue so we could all dance to her music BUT she was late and kept us standing for over an hour in the BOILING heat with these awful smells before she came on! Don't know where the smells were coming from! And it was a good laugh - seeing her making all her funny sounds. There were a hell of a lot of Japanese people there very proud! One Japanese man shouted as Yoko came off "JAPANEASE WOMAN!!" "JAPANEASE WOMAN!!" waving his fist in the air and Yoko turned round looking a bit embarrassed!!! My mum waited in the bar the whole time where people tried to sell her drugs! Overall it was awful how the fans were treated - waiting etc. As for her son I really did not like him. Before the show started he was dancing shaking his then long hair like a heavy metal guy. I kept thinking is that him ? Hence I starred a little - and he gave me the most evil looks!!! Hence I thought better not go near him for an autograph, as he's obviously not a very nice guy. In-fact my impression was a very conceited one!
King_Monkey!

Postby HeyJude » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:27 am

Funny, my mum also saw Yoko, in '86. She only told me this last year when I was on my way to persuading her to let me go and see Paul in Germany. She said she just wanted to see the woman who had such a big impact on John, once she was in this country, doeesn't remember much about the concert itself.
one sweet dream came true today!!!!!
4.6.2004 Leipzig
yay Anna!!!! :mrgreen:
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member

Postby King_Monkey! » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:39 pm

Well my mum thought she was going out for a nice night in London hence she dressed up in her mink, chanel hand-bag etc! She did not really fit in with all these freaks that came out wearing Yoko Ono T-shirts! Was a good laugh :lol: Yoko has so much energy for a woman then in her early 60's AND the sounds she came out with during 'Rising' were so much more fu**ked than the original! The place she played at was so skanky and cheap! My mum had to sit through the whole thing while people tried to sell her drugs!!!
King_Monkey!

Previous

Return to The Beatles: Related Discussions