What made you like Paul better than the other Beatles?

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

What made you like Paul better than the other Beatles?

Postby mi » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:17 pm

With me it happend very naturally, somewhat even unconciously. When my interest in the Beatles began, the first name I knew was, ironically enough, John Lennon. But when I began to explore and read articles and books, I was mostly attracted to Paul in the pictures, at first because of his looks. From then on I was just more interested in anything concerning Paul. Very soon it was much more than his looks that I liked so much. I was so biased to him that I developped a resetement against John Lennon as soon as I heard "How Do You Sleep". I hardly understood any English at the time, but knowing it was an attack on Paul was enough. As some of you have noticed, I'm holding this resentment to this day. That's because I was so young when I first heard it (about 12) and my emotional reactions were very strong.
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Bluebird » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:25 pm

As i wrote in another post, I started being more fan to lennon than macca, but then I realized Paul´s big talent for ethuiasm, producing, playing, composing, writing, showman, and a very nice person. That´s why he became my idol. All his musically skills and all his personly skills. In fact I love all of the 4 beatles on each ways. I love John because he said exactly what he thought, he was never going to hide anything. I love George for his talented feeling in his playing. That´s something I really Love. We must not forget Ringo. I think he has done great drumming on "she said she said", Come together, the end..etc, and his humor is superb for me. Anyway I think Paul and his music just have a bigger meaning to me than John and the other. He spoke more to me in his songs than Lennon, though I have some big words to say lyrically about "No reply", "in my life", "A day in the life", "Girl", "You´ve got to hide your love away" and so for. I love them all. The heart, the brain, the soul and the body.
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby HeyJude » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:42 pm

"What made you like Paul better than the other Beatles?"
Nothing. I love the other Beatles just as much, especially John and Paul are equal in my books (oh yah, kill me or sumthin'). I like Paul's solo music more than the others', but that's it. I don't and will never know them as people, but from what I've heard/seen/read, they are/were all admirable, loveable persons in one way or the other and I love them all, I just love them, it's not "I love him less, I love him more".
one sweet dream came true today!!!!!
4.6.2004 Leipzig
yay Anna!!!! :mrgreen:
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member

Postby megs » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:55 pm

hehe mine is kind of funny...well i became a beatles fan when i was 9 and i was a john lennon fan and i knew that john and paul we're the more popular of the group so yeah i was a john fan but then i started reading more and more about the beatles and i found out that john cheated on his first wife and b/c of that i hated him and thought he was an a-hole...hey i was 9 ok...so anyways b/c of that i switched over to paul b/c he was more popular than george and ringo and things just went from there....like i said i was 9, i dont hate john anymore, hehe
гигантские кролики!
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kylestyle » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:16 am

I am a bit biased as I had all the Wings albums before I had any Beatles albums, grew up with Paul's songs.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby EddieV » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:44 am

Paul was so engaged in The Beatles and was the drivingforce behind that group!!!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mi » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:27 am

EddieV wrote:Paul was so engaged in The Beatles and was the drivingforce behind that group!!!

Well said, EddieV. That pretty much sums up my views. Unlike John and George, Paul has always had nothing but good things to say about his period with the Beatles.
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Cologne girl » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:50 pm

Like HJ, I like all four of them - I like John's smartness and his incredible sense of humour, his way of coming up with a spot-on reply, his plays on words, his voice, his energy when doing the old rock'n'roll classics, his intelligent lyrics (I could go on forever)... I like George's sensitivity, his at times biting sense of humour, his profoundness... I like Ringo's down-to-earthness, his easy way of getting on with most people, his sense of humour, his ability to laugh at himself... but somehow Macca has got the edge. WHY? I have thought about this all day and I haven't been able to come up with a convincing answer, I can only come up with bits and pieces: his looks, his voice (someone, a while ago, said he could sing his shopping list to her and she would still like it - that's a slight exaggeration, but somehow hints in the right direction), his versatility and somehow I can relate to many aspects of his personality and to a lot of what he says... but I am hard put to really explain. The one thing I can say is that (also as someone once said) when I got into the Fabs, it was "that one" straight away and has remained so ever since :)
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mi » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:51 am

Cologne girl wrote:Like HJ, I like all four of them - I like John's smartness and his incredible sense of humour, his way of coming up with a spot-on reply, his plays on words, his voice, his energy when doing the old rock'n'roll classics, his intelligent lyrics (I could go on forever)... I like George's sensitivity, his at times biting sense of humour, his profoundness... I like Ringo's down-to-earthness, his easy way of getting on with most people, his sense of humour, his ability to laugh at himself... but somehow Macca has got the edge. WHY? I have thought about this all day and I haven't been able to come up with a convincing answer, I can only come up with bits and pieces: his looks, his voice (someone, a while ago, said he could sing his shopping list to her and she would still like it - that's a slight exaggeration, but somehow hints in the right direction), his versatility and somehow I can relate to many aspects of his personality and to a lot of what he says... but I am hard put to really explain. The one thing I can say is that (also as someone once said) when I got into the Fabs, it was "that one" straight away and has remained so ever since :)

Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes it is impossible to explain such things.
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Bluebird » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:26 pm

EddieV wrote:Paul was so engaged in The Beatles and was the drivingforce behind that group!!!
The Golden sentence! Amen
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Next

Return to Paul as a Beatle