::The Beatles ( White Album)

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby Bluebird » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:57 pm

Julia, Blackbird, Martha my dear, I will, Dear prudence, Mother nature son, Sexy Sadie, Long long long, Honey pie...I will say it´s their best album with ballads. You never get tired of those ballads..
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:38 am

Bluebird wrote:Julia, Blackbird, Martha my dear, I will, Dear prudence, Mother nature son, Sexy Sadie, Long long long, Honey pie...I will say it´s their best album with ballads. You never get tired of those ballads..
Hearing songs like Honey Pie, McCartney could've written songs for broadway musicalls, had he been born much earlier...
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby EddieV » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:22 am

The most varied album. It´s an album you always can find something you want to listen to.

There are a lot of underrated Beatlessongs: Martha My Dear, Sexy Sadie, Cry Baby Cry, Savoy Trufle etc.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:26 am

Bluebird wrote:I can remember that John has a bit jelousy to "Why don´t we to do it in the road", because he wasn´t invited to play with. Paul said with a smile that it was a revenge for Johns "Revolution9", because he wasn´t invited then. :)

I don´t John was jelaous, he was doing another recording in s snother studio at Abbey Road.
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Bluebird » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:50 pm

EddieV wrote:
Bluebird wrote:I can remember that John has a bit jelousy to "Why don´t we to do it in the road", because he wasn´t invited to play with. Paul said with a smile that it was a revenge for Johns "Revolution9", because he wasn´t invited then. :)

I don´t John was jelaous, he was doing another recording in s snother studio at Abbey Road.
John and George were standing in another recording studio when Ringo and Paul recorded WDWDIITR. John actually did say in an interview that he was dissapointed that Paul didn´t ask John to be on the track. Paul said it was a revenge for not being invited on Revolution 9.
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:40 pm

If i was going to compile a beatle top30 songs, at least 13 songs of this album would make it.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby 2 of 3 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:48 am

I'm having a yard sale today...some guy just offered my $100 for my Apple Lable white album. Yeah right, get lost buddy! :wink:

It wasn;t even on sale. :D
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:50 am

kylestyle wrote:Speaking of Revolution 9-type-issues...Paul has mentioned that he wanted to release the 1967 sound collage Carnival of Light on Anthology 2, but the proposal was vetoed by George H....which was a shame.......I would have loved to heard this track, which it as reputedly as far-out as Revolution 9. There was also talk of using this track as a backdrop to a 'photofilm' of Linda's photographs. Does anyone know anything more about this?

Have the situation changed after George Died, I´m referring to Carnival of Light??
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby freakmeeko » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:19 pm

OK, this opinion may be controversial, so please don't flame me:

This is my fave Beatles album. The progressive side on some tracks, the agressive side that bites at evolving music, and it has "Blackbird"!
freakmeeko

Postby 2 of 3 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:04 pm

It's my favourite too....at least it's the Beatle album I most often go back to. Maybe because it has the most current sound. The stuff on there doesn't ever sound dated for some reason.
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums