Share Memories of Hearing Macca songs for 1st time

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby numberwriter » Mon May 13, 2002 8:39 am

running through he park singing Jet to myself after hearing it on the radio and thinking it was the greatest thing i had ever heard. i was about 7 i suppose. its still one of my fave songs today.
numberwriter

Postby kelly campbell » Mon May 13, 2002 11:55 pm

My first expierience was like a lot of others but what the heck it still sounds good. Just gives a little indicator of how old I am getting. I first remember my mother bringing my oldest brother home from the department store and he was fired up over this thing called a "45". Naturally being all of five years old I had to see what these things did. Needless to say I fell in love with" I want to hold your hand". Ive never been the same since. Just seen Paul for the first and second time on this tour and LOVED IT! The Ed Sullivan thing happend soon after and we were all lined up in front of the old Black an White TV including my parents and they bought all the following albums for us. I was a special time.

When your were young and your hear was an open book...
kelly campbell

Postby Liam OSM » Tue May 14, 2002 3:15 pm

Well, I think the most unusual experience of mine in hearing a Paul McCartney song for the first time was when I was 12 years old, and my mother bought my The Beatles' Past Masters 2. I was, and still am, a huge Star Trek fan, and so the *title* Across The Universe appealed to me straight away. But the song itself was disappointing the first time I heard it. Next up was Let It Be, and it had me from the off. To this day it's in my all-time top 5.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby JettRyder » Wed May 15, 2002 7:05 am

All My Loving on the Ed Sullivan Show, 1964
JettRyder

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions