Jeff Lynne/ELO

Discussions of Beatle-related news & artists such as Badfinger, James Taylor, Mary Hopkins.

Moderator: Mike

Jeff Lynne/ELO

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:19 pm

Anyone heard "Zoom"?

I thought it was good, and was hoping for more releases... but, i suppose it's wrong to hope when you don't even buy the album last releases by the artist...

Trouble is, i think it was over $30 to buy when releases, i didn't have that kind of money to throw around.

This album feature george's slide on a track or two, and ringo's drumming on one. and a track written by george himself.

Alright 8
Moment In Paradise 8
State Of Mind 8
Just For Love 7.4
Stranger On A Quiet Street 8
In My Own Time 8
Easy Money 7.4
really doesn't matter 8
ordinary dream 8
long time gone 8
melting in the sun 8
all she wanted 8
lonesome lullaby 8

102.8/130 =

overall:- 8/10

Notes:- This guy's almost like a one-man traveling wilburys! and that's saying something! Good album!
Gots to remember to pick this one up.

If anyone's online 30mins-and hour after i post this, search on winmx... i share. give you an idea.

Excerpt lyric "easy money":- Some people never learn to stop, when they've had enough. Some people only have to shop, when the goin' gets tough.

Excerpt lyric "really doesen't matter":- We moved around on different ground there must have been some kind of reason. Nothing ventured, nothing found, must have been the wrong season. It really doesen't matter at all. It really doesen't matter at all. If you found what you're looking for. It really doesen't matter at all.

lyrics arent everything though, the music is good.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:15 am

no-one cares for ELO it seems? I like 'em.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby kylestyle » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:57 am

Yeah I don't know anything about Zoom. I thought ELO disbanded in the early 80s and had that 'comeback' single Calling America and then after that Jeff did Travelling Wilburys and producing etc.

I like their 70s stuff. Don't have any of their albums mind you, just illegally pirated a few mp3s off Napster back in the day...
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)

Postby Mike » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:56 am

NO, Jeff and ELO had a big US tour going and then 9/11 and it was cancelled. They put out a DVD and it is great, my newphew bought it, forget the name of it but I think Zoom just came out. Played many classic ELO songs was a great concert to see.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Postby RickStark79 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:15 am

In my opinion, they are the most underrated group of all time. Jeff Lynne is so talented and they have put out some great music over the years. A New World Record and Face The Music are two of my favorite all-time albums. Zoom is a very good record as well. It's basically a Jeff Lynne solo record, since other than a couple guest appearances, he is the only member of ELO to play on the record. Easy Money, Doesn't Really Matter and Stranger On A Quiet Street are killer tunes.
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:25 pm

I thought Jeff Lynn was ELO? Didn't he play all instruments on the albums and the band was just a bunch of session guys who toured with him? I thought I read that somewhere, so feel free to give me heck if I'm wrong. :wink:
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kylestyle » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:27 pm

Yeah I thought it was originally just basically Jeff Lynne and Roy Wood, who wanted to do something exciting with cellos in a rock context.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle

Postby Steve-o » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:47 pm

2 of 3 wrote:I thought Jeff Lynn was ELO? Didn't he play all instruments on the albums and the band was just a bunch of session guys who toured with him? I thought I read that somewhere, so feel free to give me heck if I'm wrong. :wink:
I always thought so also to be perfectly honest.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theDingle » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:46 pm

I should get ZOOM--I got the Alright CD single off ebaY and dug it. ARMCHAIR THEATER is also one of my favorites.

IMO Lynne as a solo act is better than ELO.
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Postby 2 of 3 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:11 pm

Code: Select all
IMO Lynne as a solo act is better than ELO

ELO is a solo act, Mr Dingle. :wink: :D
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Next