Little Woman Love

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Little Woman Love

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:33 am

Anyone else out there reckons this song is very Chuck Berry in style?

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Little Woman Love

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:33 am

Anyone else out there reckons this song is very Chuck Berry in style?

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:39 am

Man I don't see it, Liam. Maybe so. I cringe when i hear it, so I probably don't give it much of a chance. Goes down in my book as the Worst single of his career--backed by the Bleating anthem thing on the back.

Something's open, it's my heart.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:40 am

Have to disagree. Firstly, Mary was the A-side, and this was the B-side (but that's just picking nits). And I thought "Chuck Berry" the very first time I heard it.

Hey - maybe this is Paul's most un-Paul-like song, then, as the style immediately suggested someone else to me!?

Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:46 am

I didnt say which was A and which was B. I said single--yeah the backed by sounds like it was the A side, but..the DJ's played LWL over here more--never heard the other one on the radio, thank goodness. Both were just dreadful in my book. Thank-God he moved on.

Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:47 am

quote:
Hey - maybe this is Paul's most un-Paul-like song, then, as the style immediately suggested someone else to me!?

Maybe so, Sir Liam

Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:48 am

Fair enough I suppose . . . I kinda like LWL. Nothing special, but all right.

Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:56 am

Liam--I can't describe how sad it was for me to see him release that song. At the time, and remember, hearing songs in order, months apart, is different than trying them on for size 30 years later. That's probably why my perspective is different--not right--just different. But--to come off of McCartney and Ram--(Two great great efforts and a super start to his solo career)--and then see him sink to some of the depths of Wild Life, and the MHALL single--it was shocking...trust me. RRS was an improvement, but it was still not up to Macca 1 and Ram standards. That's why I love BOTR so much, my 2nd fave album, BTW. It was a super comeback for him, and showed me and millions of otheres that he was still capable of awesome material and performances. Liam--I'm not playing the "You had to be there card", but the spacing and timing of some of his late 71-72 releases made me think he was going downhill. Think of it...The Abbey Road Medley in 1969 to Mary Had A Little Lamb in 1972...I thought he was in a free fall. Thank goodness for BOTR--Now do you see why I like that album so much? For me, it verified that he was awesome..and I was defending him at every turn to my high school buddies--but I knew he could do better--and he did.

(Steve falls off soapbox)

Edited by - stevew628 on 08/21/2002 08:56:55
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Aug 21, 2002 9:00 am

I do understand your point of view, Steve - I don't like MHALL much either. Kinda nice for what it is but a long way from the greatness we've come to expect.

As for Wild Life v Red Rose Speedway, I'd pick Wild Life every time, my friend. Just. RRS just doesn't have much going for it for me. I'll give it another listen, but you know . . .

Definitely agreed on BOTR - it is quite amazing. It took a few weeks to grow on me, but boy, when it grew on me, it REALLY grew on me. Second fave album, huh? What's your absolute fave, then?'

Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Aug 21, 2002 9:00 am

Phew! That post was going all funny, but it came out OK - it was weird, everything seemed to be going backwards . . . I dunno. Ram, hurry up with that medication exchange!!!!!

Liam OSM

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions