Rusty's solo album

Discussions of Beatle-related news & artists such as Badfinger, James Taylor, Mary Hopkins.

Moderator: Mike

Rusty's solo album

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:00 am

I am thinking about picking up Rusty's solo album. Does anybody have it? I heard that it's pretty good, I'm also thinking about picking up a Denny Laine solo album as well, probably his tribute to Wings cd or his greatest hits cd.
"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby HeyJude » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:48 pm

I've only heard two songs off Rusty's album, Coming Down To Earth and Hurt Myself, those are pretty darn good! But there was a topic in the Macca-all discussions section where Steve wrote a deep review about the album, that should help you to decide (for buying it right now, of course :wink: )
one sweet dream came true today!!!!!
4.6.2004 Leipzig
yay Anna!!!! :mrgreen:
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:16 pm

Super album....I still play it quite often. I'll try and find the review....
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:47 pm

alright thanks Steve :D
"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:49 pm

How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Cologne girl » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:56 pm

I heard three songs off Rusty's CD on MaccaRadio yesterday (can't remember their titles) and was really swept off my feet. Especially two of them ROCKED and sounded surprisingly British to me. I was doing something else at the same time, so not paying that much attention, but when these songs came on it was like "WOW - what's THIS?" I think I'll definitely have to lay my hands on a copy of Rusty's CD :)
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:23 pm

Cologne girl wrote:I heard three songs off Rusty's CD on MaccaRadio yesterday (can't remember their titles) and was really swept off my feet. Especially two of them ROCKED and sounded surprisingly British to me. I was doing something else at the same time, so not paying that much attention, but when these songs came on it was like "WOW - what's THIS?" I think I'll definitely have to lay my hands on a copy of Rusty's CD :)
Glad you liked those, CG. You'll LOVE the rest of it. Great album.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Cologne girl » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:04 pm

You were right, Steve, I do love the whole album, it's awesome from start to finish, so much so that I dedicate my 1000th :lol: post to it!!
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:14 pm

Cologne girl wrote:You were right, Steve, I do love the whole album, it's awesome from start to finish, so much so that I dedicate my 1000th :lol: post to it!!
Congrats!!! And I'm sure Rusty would be proud. :lol: Seriously, though. And I've said this before.....if Rusty wasn't in his late 40's and was like, 25 or something, and he released this album, it would be a HUGE smash if someone got behind it. It's tough enough to break thru at ANY age, but even tougher at such (for a "new" artist) an advanced age. If anyone on this board has not found this album yet, i urge you to do so. If you like great singing and great guitar driven rock, you'll be jumping around the room with this one.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lazarus_2 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:27 am

Steve-o wrote:
Cologne girl wrote:You were right, Steve, I do love the whole album, it's awesome from start to finish, so much so that I dedicate my 1000th :lol: post to it!!
Congrats!!! And I'm sure Rusty would be proud. :lol: Seriously, though. And I've said this before.....if Rusty wasn't in his late 40's and was like, 25 or something, and he released this album, it would be a HUGE smash if someone got behind it. It's tough enough to break thru at ANY age, but even tougher at such (for a "new" artist) an advanced age. If anyone on this board has not found this album yet, i urge you to do so. If you like great singing and great guitar driven rock, you'll be jumping around the room with this one.
I don't know who Rusty is. But, i'm gonna check it out.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Next

Return to The Beatles: Related Discussions