Nicky Hopkins

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Nicky Hopkins

Postby dsnito » Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:01 am

I have a doubt if Nicky played electric piano on "Revolution"... I'm almost sure that he did but anyone can recall that??

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Nicky Hopkins

Postby dsnito » Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:01 am

I have a doubt if Nicky played electric piano on "Revolution"... I'm almost sure that he did but anyone can recall that??

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:05 am

I'd like to know if he did played on "Revolution", did he colaborate on anther Beatle song?? He was a great piano/keyboard player, it's a pity that he passed away so prematurely...

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:07 am

If I'm not mistaken, he was one of Macca's guest on "FIT" album, am I wrong?? Or was in another Paul's album?? I'm not sure of...

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:33 am

Nicky Hopkins DID play piano on Revolution. As for "FIT" - do you mean FITD? I don't think Hopkins appeared on that . . .

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby dsnito » Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:42 am

quote:
Nicky Hopkins DID play piano on Revolution. As for "FIT" - do you mean FITD? I don't think Hopkins appeared on that . . .

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.

Yeah, sorry I forgot the "D"... but I'm pretty sure that he played on a Macca's album... so maybe Flaming Pie(I didn't recall if Nicky was still alive that year)??

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Ram1 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:53 am

Nicky died in 1994.

Plastic soul, man....plastic soul....
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:28 am

In other words, no he didn't play on Flaming Pie. I should have been able to say that straight off, having listened to it last night - the only people who play on it are Paul, Ringo, Jeff Lynne, Steve Miller, Linda, and the orchestra.

I realise that was rather insensitive a way to put it with Nicky being dead, but that's nothing. I have a sketch of The Beatles at home in Bath, and the other week, my mother looked at it and said "two down, two to go". I looked at her and told her that it wasn't in the best of taste . . .

Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:40 am

That's nothing, Liam. When George died, I called the local "alternative" radio station to ask them to play a George song. The DJ was cool at first and he was telling me about how they had been getting a lot of requests that night. Then he went on to say, "Why do the good ones always have to die? Too bad it wasn't Ringo." Needless to say, I was really p*issed at his comment. I was too shocked to even tell the guy off.

Plastic soul, man....plastic soul....
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:58 am

Ram, I've heard local DJ's joke about it off and on, and I get so mad I want to scream. "Hmm--The Beatles are going to have trouble re-uniting..haha..besides that--who would play guitar..bass and drums would sound just awful..RIMSHOT...I hate most DJ's in this town. That why if do listen to radio, it's national stuff or sports...

Something's open, it's my heart.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions