Macca Music Videos

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:11 pm

HeyJude wrote:
Bluebird wrote:
Fan on the run wrote:Band On The Run is awesome :)
Definately. But which of them? There are two, right?

What are those 2 versions? I only know of one, that begins with shooting the cover pic of BOTR, then it has various Wings Over America on the road & live footage.

same, Jude. My copy of the BOTR video freezes sometimes :? Quite annoying :P
"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Bluebird » Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:15 pm

HeyJude wrote:
Bluebird wrote:
Fan on the run wrote:Band On The Run is awesome :)
Definately. But which of them? There are two, right?

What are those 2 versions? I only know of one, that begins with shooting the cover pic of BOTR, then it has various Wings Over America on the road & live footage.
I have version where some live clips are putted in. It´s that right?
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby HeyJude » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:26 pm

Bluebird wrote:I have version where some live clips are putted in. It´s that right?

Yes, there's WOA '76 footage, but which is the other version?
one sweet dream came true today!!!!!
4.6.2004 Leipzig
yay Anna!!!! :mrgreen:
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mmmbopbeatle » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:16 am

Pipes of Peace is a great video it is really clever. I also like the video for Pretty little head.
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/drummersdoitwithrhythm/icons/ththfan0.gif[img/]
mmmbopbeatle

Postby Bluebird » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:06 am

mmmbopbeatle wrote:Pipes of Peace is a great video it is really clever. I also like the video for Pretty little head.
The video of Pipes of peace is fabulous...It´s great when he plays two different persons like coming up..WAD
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby BeatleBabe » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:22 am

Love Pipes of Peace. Your Loving Flame is very good as well. My Brave Face is kind of fun too!
What are you doing on the floor?
I'm tired
BeatleBabe

Postby DominoDancing » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:13 pm

Coming Up is my favourite. Lonely Road is great too, so are Pipes Of Peace and Goodnight Tonight. But overall his videos aren't that great.

On a side note, the Sparks aren't that obscure. Even in the 90s they had a huge hit with "When Do I Get To Sing My Way".
DominoDancing

Paul creates fantastic videos!

Postby Jeremy K2 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:40 am

I can't agreewith the comment that Paul's videos are overall not that great. I reckon the majority of Paul's videos are simply delightful (with the exception perhaps of 'Young Boy' and '...World Tonight')

Many of his videos to me seem to be created from almost a child's imagination which I find very appealling.

Cheers
Jeremy
Jeremy K2

Postby mi » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:55 pm

I think my favorite is "Ebony and Ivory". It is a tough choice because I love each of them for a different reason. I love "Band on the Run" and "Silly Love Songs" mostly for those natural scenes where he's playing around, not minding the camera. I love "Mull of Kintyre" because of the landscapes, "My Brave Face" because of the flashbacks, "Pipes of Peace" for the peace scenes... I even like "We All Stand Together" because it's so funny. I don't really like "Coming Up". I'm not sure why. Maybe it's just too much show-off to my taste. That's what's so fascinating about Paul - there are so many different sides of him.
By the way, I don't think I ever saw the videoclip of "This One", except one time, which I vaguely remember, about 15 years ago. I'm trying to download it at KaZaA but no success yet.
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Harrythebannister » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:37 pm

His best videos seem to be from the 70's in my opinion. Helen Wheels, Goodnight Tonight and With A Little Luck are great. About time we had a compilation MPL don't you think???!!!!
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Videos