Sign the Live8 List !

Discussions regarding charities and issues support by Paul.

Moderator: Mike

Sign the Live8 List !

Postby Mike » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:16 am

I urge all of you who come visit this site to please go to http://www.live8live.com and sign the list. It's really easy, all you have to do is put in your name and your country. You can also put in your email address (optional) If you would like to receive email updates about LIVE 8 and the efforts in 2005 to end world poverty. By signing the list this message gets sent on your behalf:

TO: The 8 most powerful leaders in the world
50,000 people are dying, needlessly, every day of extreme poverty.

At this year's G8 summit meeting, it is within your power to put an end to this tragedy. It is an extraordinary opportunity which it would be shameful to ignore. We urge you to take these 3 steps to make extreme poverty history...

1. double the aid sent to the world's poorest countries,
2. fully cancel their debts,
3. change the trade laws so that they can build their own future.

You can also text message if you wish. What ever you do, please do it and convince your friends and family members to do so as well. If you watched any of Live8 you may have seen one of the promos that detailed how many children die each and every day from extreme poverty. Every 3 seconds, a child dies. Just think about that for a minute and while you think about it 20 children will die an agonising death. All Bob Gelfof is asking you to do is SIGN the Live8 List so next week he can bring all these names to Scotland and present them to the G8 leaders meeting there.

You may think, how can me signing a list make a difference ? We don't know for sure but with millions of signatures from people who vote these leaders in office, we hope that they will listen and make the right decisions. It doesn't cost a cent to sign the list but it can have the potiential to influence. Please, if you haven't done it yet, please go do it now and tell the G8 leaders that enough is enough.

Sincerely,
Mike Kovacich
MACCAcentral.com
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:22 am

Thanks for the link, Mike.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Return to MACCA-Charities & Issues