Is any of you as allergic to John as I am?

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Is any of you as allergic to John as I am?

Postby mi » Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:46 pm

As a Paul lover, I can't stand to see or hear anything that has to do with John without vomiting. I felt this way ever since I heard "How Do You Sleep" and all the other disscusting hideous things he said about Paul after the Beatles break-up. The fact that he's dead never changed the way I feel about him. Anyone feels the same way?
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mini » Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:53 pm

As a Paul fan you're obviously not very knowledgeable. How Do You Sleep was a reaction to songs on Ram like Too Many People, 3 Legs and Dear Boy.

Just try not puking all over yourself.
Mini

Postby Steve-o » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:13 pm

Too Many People, sure. The others are a reach. HDYS was terribly mean spirited and more direct than TMP, but they both got over it. No biggie.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mini » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:27 pm

I know but John felt Paul's digs came from those songs. It was Paul who later said it was only Too Many People.

And yes it wasn't a biggie, it was forgiven and forgotten.
Mini

Postby Cologne girl » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:05 pm

Plus John was always more direct than Paul - just different personalities.

As for me, I have never felt in the least allergic to John - what's more, I think it's not at all difficult to like them both. They were both only human and had been very close for many years, and it seemed only natural they would have a go at each other after all that had happened; remember, Paul had had to sue the rest of them, and for whatever legal reason it was necessary, it didn't come across so well I suppose. As for the rest, all this "antagonism" between them seems to be, for the most part, an invention of the media and some weird-minded John "fans" (and now it turns out also some Paul fans :cry: ).
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:56 pm

Mini wrote:It was Paul who later said it was only Too Many People..
Correct, but not DB or 3 Legs.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mini » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:20 am

Steve-o wrote:
Mini wrote:It was Paul who later said it was only Too Many People..
Correct, but not DB or 3 Legs.

Isn't that what I said?
Mini

HA HA HA!

Postby mi » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:33 am

Mini wrote:As a Paul fan you're obviously not very knowledgeable. How Do You Sleep was a reaction to songs on Ram like Too Many People, 3 Legs and Dear Boy.

Just try not puking all over yourself.

A - Very funny.
B - So what if this horrible "song" was a reaction to songs on "Ram"? Can you compare "Too Many People" to those mean direct insults like "How Do You Sleep"? I'd say John got a bit out of proportion. That was the reason I was never much impressed with all his "peace efforts" rubbish.
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mini » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:52 am

Whether you like John or not he certainly made his point because Paul became concilliatory as opposed to being antagonistic in his songs to John. eg Dear Friend from Wild Life.
Mini

Postby mi » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:42 am

Cologne girl wrote:Plus John was always more direct than Paul - just different personalities.

As for me, I have never felt in the least allergic to John - what's more, I think it's not at all difficult to like them both. They were both only human and had been very close for many years, and it seemed only natural they would have a go at each other after all that had happened; remember, Paul had had to sue the rest of them, and for whatever legal reason it was necessary, it didn't come across so well I suppose. As for the rest, all this "antagonism" between them seems to be, for the most part, an invention of the media and some weird-minded John "fans" (and now it turns out also some Paul fans :cry: ).

I know that Paul had to sue the rest of them, but you must agree with me that a mature grown-up person would find a better way to express his resentement to this: John chose to behave like a three-year-old and threw a stone into Paul's house. I mean, Hello!! There were small children in this house!!!! If you ask me, Paul and Linda should have sued him for that!!
Last edited by mi on Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Next

Return to JOHN