Coldplay, Radiohead, etc.

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Postby 2 of 3 » Sun May 22, 2005 10:18 am

Nice to see Coldplay on SNL last night. The big difference with the band now is that everyone sings. The live sound is now better with the layered vocals and harmonies, instead of Chris Martian singing every song by himself. He's not a very strong vocalist in the first place, but he sounded pretty good last night.
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:40 pm

I'll probably eventually break down and buy X & Y. I'm kind of in the mood for that stuff. Damn British bands! :evil: :wink:
I've been listening to Keane as well. Keane, Travis, and Coldplay all sound very similar to me, but I like them. What can I say? I can't believe all of the great bands out there today. I haven't been this excited about new music in a long, long time. (ever?) Other than Beck, Oasis, Pulp, and Blur, I really hated most '90s music. I was never into many of those "alternative" bands. It was never that much fun. Too much angst. Now bands like Scissor Sisters, Franz Ferdinand and The Killers and finally putting the fun back into music. (With the talent to back it up) Plus I'm a sucker for melody. (Hence the reason I like the above mentioned British bands)
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Berkeleyan » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:38 am

I'm kind of stuck with old bands....and I like it :D
These days the only bands not from the 80's backwards
that interest me are Radiohead, a bit of Blur (from the 90's), White Stripes, Velvet Revolver (I dug their debut CD) and Franz Ferdinand.
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

Postby 2 of 3 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:56 pm

Coldplays new X & Y is their most accessible album yet. It's filled with good songs built around simple melodies(and we all know who has mastered that over the last 40 years) :wink: It's also not as...well slow. there's some upbeat stuff on there too. I like it, if that means anything to you. :)
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Berkeleyan » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:20 am

It sure did. Your comments made me feel like listening to the album.
I'm willing to give it a spin 8)
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan

Postby 2 of 3 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:30 am

Just came back from the Coldplay concert in Toronto. As hard as this is to beleive, the show just ROCKED. The place was just packed with people half my age(or even younger) and there was tons of energy. Fantastic light and video show as well. I'd say even you haters would have been impressed. :wink:

Nice touch with a lyric change too "give me truth, don't give my lies"
"give me plane crashes where everyone survives"

The place went nuts.(air france jet crashed at the airport just hours before the show and caught fire...no one killed,and no serious injuries)

Performance 9
Sound(where I was) 6
Beautiful Women 11 :wink:
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lazarus_2 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:41 am

2 of 3 wrote:Just came back from the Coldplay concert in Toronto. As hard as this is to beleive, the show just ROCKED. The place was just packed with people half my age(or even younger) and there was tons of energy. Fantastic light and video show as well. I'd say even you haters would have been impressed. :wink:

Nice touch with a lyric change too "give me truth, don't give my lies"
"give me plane crashes where everyone survives"

The place went nuts.(air france jet crashed at the airport just hours before the show and caught fire...no one killed,and no serious injuries)

Performance 9
Sound(where I was) 6
Beautiful Women 11 :wink:
it wasn't a real crash... they said is landed, and kinda "slid" across the runway.

I real crash would have next-to-no survivors.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby maccastheman » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:08 pm

I've been listening to OK Computer all morning long. It reminds me so much of 1997, lol. That's the year I was completely into REM's New Adventures in Hi Fi album which I still think is my favorite. (Other than their '80s stuff like Murmur and Document)

I was really depressed when these albums came out, so it's nice to listen to them with a different perspective.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:27 pm

Looks like a new Radiohead album is near. Mr Yorke says it's finished and that Coldplay still sucks. :lol:
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:42 pm

I guess it is about time for them to be back around again - when was their last album? 2004 or something? They are headlining the Boonaroo festival this year. I've never been to that damn thing and I'll never go. 75,000 sweaty hippies in Tennessee? I think not!

I'm sure they will come here. I've actually never seen them before. (Nor Coldplay, but I don't plan on seeing them. I almost saw them in Austin last year, but decided against it.)
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Music - Other Artists