Retirement

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Mike » Fri Apr 19, 2002 6:58 pm

dbuffoni - WRONG and WRONG again. I will edit and ban anything I feel and have time to. This is MY SITE and I will maintain it to a standard I want. So it is NOT FREE to say anything you want, cuz you'll be outta here and all your posts will be deleted, not just the stupid ones.

This isn't some free Yahoo site, that anyone can set up and destroy and do whatever, it's my site and I will keep this clean, so rock on and have fun !
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby shinestar » Sat Apr 20, 2002 12:14 am

to Admin: THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby MarthaMyDear » Sat Apr 20, 2002 12:44 am

Any talk of Macca retiring is nonsense. The man still has every ounce of talent and ability that he did 40 years ago. You see it burst from him whenever he is on stage...I saw it on Tuesday and I hope to see it again. So whoever thinks that Paul should retire obviously doesn't listen or see him do anything, because then they would know otherwise. Nonsense like that shouldn't even be put on here.

KKQ
MarthaMyDear

Postby mcfan » Sat Apr 20, 2002 5:04 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!Paul should not retire. I saw him in concert and he has so much more energy than most 30 year olds I've seen. He's to good to stop. He also needs more money.(ha ha ha)

Paul is the best.
mcfan

Postby stocktonwood » Sun May 12, 2002 2:07 pm

Anybody who's seen paul on the driving usa tour, would know that Paul is in as good of shape as ever. his voice is absolutely brilliant and he is tons better than any other young musician out there. If you ask me, he's just hit a renaissance period. His music is as kicking as it's ever been and he sounds perfectly wonderful. As for needing to prove anything. He never did anything to prove something, its just that music is his passion, you just don't quit the thing you love. I say rock on Paul.
stocktonwood

Postby markburrows » Mon May 13, 2002 6:42 pm

Paul should not retire!!
We need him....He has a legacy to promote, that of the BEATLES recording history and his own solo work.
Who else is out there? We don't want sub standard tribute bands in tacky sgt. pepper outfits out there continuing the legacy. We need the real thing.
Sadly Paul's all we have left.
Anyone who's stood in a stadium and sang along with HEY JUDE or watched a woman cry while paul sings yesterday or felt their heart leap as macca launches into CAN'T BUY ME LOVE knows we need the man to continue.
long may he continue......
By the way...i remember watching an interview broadcast from Australia.One of the first questions asked was when Macca was going to retire. He was in his thirties at the time..............
markburrows

Postby Liam OSM » Wed May 15, 2002 12:37 pm

Let's look at the facts. Paul has made over £500 million through his music. He ain't in it for the money anymore. He's doing it because he wants to, not to pay the bills! It's a passion to him - as, indeed, music is a passion to me, too. You don't discard your passions.

Besides, he can't retire! I've not seen him in concert yet ;-)
Liam OSM

Postby JettRyder » Wed May 15, 2002 1:30 pm

How many artists have "really" retired? Not many. Most of the artists at the time of the British Invasion are still working. The Stones are about to tour again. They certainly don't need to. We don't really have a track record for the artist from the 60s on because most of them are still alive and making music. The artists that have passed on in their "old" age made music til they were put into a box. Think of Carl Wilson who toured with the Beach Boys while he was sick with cancer. He toured even though he couldn't stand up during the whole show. Look at some of the older guys who are still around (Tony Bennett, Ray Charles, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Chuck Berry). I bet that even Elvis would still be recording and touring if he were around.
Paul will be around for quite a while.
JettRyder

Postby Wings » Thu May 16, 2002 9:00 am

I remember seeing The Who in 1982 when they "Retired". I noticed they have been touring for the last 20 years. Comming back to Chicago.....again!
Wings

Postby Ram1 » Sat Aug 10, 2002 6:58 pm

Wings is another one. I actually traded with this cat. Cool guy. Come back, Wings!!!!

Life's too short to spend it lonely, you only throw it away...
Ram1

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions