Deep reviews part one: 1970-72

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Helter Skelter » Fri Apr 19, 2002 4:51 am

I´m going to review every album from 1970 - 2001, very in depth and with my personal "standout tracks" and grades 1- 10. Hope you enjoy reading this.

MCCARTNEY - 5/10
Pauls debut was a low key affair with very sparse production and a kind of "home made" sound. A lot of pepole was dissapointed after the huge collage of sounds that came with the late Beatles albums but it actually works here. while some songs are no more than fillers the good tracks are indeed good (but that can be said for most of maccas output). maybe he should have worked more on some songs..
STANDOUT TRACKS: EVERY NIGHT, JUNK, MAYBE I´M AMAZED, TEDDY BOY.

RAM - 10/10
The best album of Maccas career? Maybe so.. never before or since has his cuddly humour and playfullness been shining so bright as on this masterpeice. A varied styles of songs and truly eardropping arrangements and vocals. He mixes rock, country, pop, music hall and ballads like no other can. Not a dull track.
STANDOUT TRACKS: TOO MANY PEOPLE, EAT AT HOME, MONKBERRY MOON DELIGHT, BACKSEAT OF MY CAR.. and the rest.

WILD LIFE - 5/10
Maybe people expected too much of Pauls new band.. or maybe not.
Anyhow, Wings first flight ended in a bad landing :-)
The idea of recording the album at fast speed without really working on perfecting the songs first backfired, since the album sounds somewhat hurried and unfinished. But as always there was songs that stood out from the pack.
STANDOUT TRACKS: WILD LIFE, TOMORROW, DEAR FRIEND

To be cont.
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Helter Skelter » Fri Apr 19, 2002 4:51 am

I´m going to review every album from 1970 - 2001, very in depth and with my personal "standout tracks" and grades 1- 10. Hope you enjoy reading this.

MCCARTNEY - 5/10
Pauls debut was a low key affair with very sparse production and a kind of "home made" sound. A lot of pepole was dissapointed after the huge collage of sounds that came with the late Beatles albums but it actually works here. while some songs are no more than fillers the good tracks are indeed good (but that can be said for most of maccas output). maybe he should have worked more on some songs..
STANDOUT TRACKS: EVERY NIGHT, JUNK, MAYBE I´M AMAZED, TEDDY BOY.

RAM - 10/10
The best album of Maccas career? Maybe so.. never before or since has his cuddly humour and playfullness been shining so bright as on this masterpeice. A varied styles of songs and truly eardropping arrangements and vocals. He mixes rock, country, pop, music hall and ballads like no other can. Not a dull track.
STANDOUT TRACKS: TOO MANY PEOPLE, EAT AT HOME, MONKBERRY MOON DELIGHT, BACKSEAT OF MY CAR.. and the rest.

WILD LIFE - 5/10
Maybe people expected too much of Pauls new band.. or maybe not.
Anyhow, Wings first flight ended in a bad landing :-)
The idea of recording the album at fast speed without really working on perfecting the songs first backfired, since the album sounds somewhat hurried and unfinished. But as always there was songs that stood out from the pack.
STANDOUT TRACKS: WILD LIFE, TOMORROW, DEAR FRIEND

To be cont.
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Sun May 12, 2002 11:18 am

McCartney - under the circumstances, a masterpiece! Maybe I'm Amazed is one of Paul's finest.
Ram - much better, although I wouldn't quite say 10. The Back Seat Of My Car is amazing, and there's nothing really awful on it.
Wild Life - I'd agree with you there. Even the high points don't quite sound right. It's better than you give it credit for. Just could do with a little polishing up.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Return to MACCA - all discussions