Get Back DVD.....why now?

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Get Back DVD.....why now?

Postby Fan on the run » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:54 am

Hmm....what´s this thing about releasing Get Back DVD? I tought it was already released???? :shock:

Well, at least they should remove those stupidts newsreel clips and put some extra things on this "new" DVD.

Anyone understand?
Fan on the run

Re: Get Back DVD.....why now?

Postby Mididude » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:28 am

I saw it in the store the other day and passed on getting it...I remember when I had it on VHS tape that I thought the picture quality was grainy. I can't remember if I thought the same thing in the theater (I saw it up in L.A. back when it was released theatrically way back then). I thought it wasn't as good as it could have been. But I'm just being overly-critical probably. I can say that whenever I see a (single) video from it on Classic VH-1 like 'Band on the Run' it looks a tad grainy. I think somehow the film just came out dull...I used to be into still photography a long time ago and I remember learning about how if you use a (fast) film speed like ISO 1000 you'll be able to capture things (like maybe a concert) in (relatively speaking) low lighting conditions but the picture may be grainy. That was my impression of the footage used for this movie; it just looked real grainy and not as clear as I'd prefer. I'm not trying to knock Dick Lester or Paul on that issue...just a subjective observation. When I saw it in the store (Tower) they just had a 'Full screen' version available. I don't think they're releasing it in wide-screen and the packaging looks the same as the VHS tape did ca.10 years ago too. Ah, but I'll probably break down and get it, as it is an archive of a great run of concerts back in '89/'90. I can't remember if they have footage of him performing 'Figure of Eight' or any other 'Flowers in the Dirt' material. I tend to remember it being Beatles-heavy and some Paul solo years stuff.
You want some peace, and understanding...so everybody can free...
Mididude

Postby HeyJude » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:14 am

I haven't seen Get Back, but I have a few videos off it, he definitely did Figure of Eight cos I have that one :) By the way, welcome to the forum!
one sweet dream came true today!!!!!
4.6.2004 Leipzig
yay Anna!!!! :mrgreen:
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mididude » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:34 am

By the way, welcome to the forum!

Thanks, I'm impressed with this website altogether; rather comprehensive.
-John
Mididude

Postby Fan on the run » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:53 pm

HeyJude wrote:I haven't seen Get Back, but I have a few videos off it, he definitely did Figure of Eight cos I have that one :) By the way, welcome to the forum!

Nope, he didn´t play Figure Of Eight, My Brave Face or Jet in Get Back film. I don´t know, why Lester put them out.

I have in my computer DVD rip on that DVD. It´s very very good quality and 16:9. I´m not going to order Usa-version, because it´s Full Frame.

There is no Region 2 DVD released like the new R1. R2 is older release andf very hard to find. (If someone know the place I can order Get Back in R2, please let me know)

The film is pretty good. I love Paul on this tour. His clothes look fantastic and his hair looks good. And after all, he´s voice is massive. :)

I don´t mind those news clips, BUT in Long And Winding Road and especially in Live And Let Die is very spoiled out because of Lester. Other songs are best of Paul.

Does anyone else loves this tour version of "Got To Get You Into My Life"
Fan on the run

Postby HeyJude » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:29 pm

Fan on the run wrote:Nope, he didn´t play Figure Of Eight, My Brave Face or Jet in Get Back film. I don´t know, why Lester put them out.

Really? Quite strange... But thatnks for letting me know anyway :)
one sweet dream came true today!!!!!
4.6.2004 Leipzig
yay Anna!!!! :mrgreen:
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member

Postby JennyWren » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:28 pm

Why, why, why is are some of the highlights of the concert (e.g., Figure of Eight) not included on this DVD. I don't get it. I love FOE on the CD, and I want to see it performed live. As it should be here, but isn't. What were they thinking????

JennyWren
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mididude » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:07 pm

JennyWren wrote:Why, why, why is are some of the highlights of the concert (e.g., Figure of Eight) not included on this DVD. I don't get it. I love FOE on the CD, and I want to see it performed live. As it should be here, but isn't. What were they thinking????

JennyWren

I still haven't bought the DVD yet but I did happen to see the video for the song 'Get Back' (footage taken ostensibly from the 'Get Back' concert movie) on Classic VH-1 a few weeks back. It was pretty sharp looking--better than I remember the movie looking...it had a lot of live footage shots and had been edited a lot, with all kinds of digital video effects too. Im regard to 'FOE', I remember seeing a 'Figure of Eight' promo video at some point awhile ago too. I still say where is the 'Ultimate Paul McCartney video collection'? It seems like something MPL should do (um, like now already!) , since he's made so many of them, and other major artists seem to all release music video collections. They'd definitely make a bundle of money as the demand is there among fans.
Mididude

Postby Mididude » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:12 pm

Oops-I didn't read the sticky at the top of this forum before making my last comments about the 'Ultimate video collection'etc...I guess others (as in Mike) have definitely already thought ahead on this.
Mididude

Postby Paul_Fan » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:53 pm

Well i bought a copy of it and it is the exact film as the VHS verison only thing new is the menus and things i bought one from a european company to see the difference and the menus are the onl things that i can tell that are diferent.

but all in all good concert DVD back in the us though would be a better choice though...
These are the days of miracle and wonder....
Paul_Fan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Return to MACCA-Videos