Thunderclap Newman

Discussions of Beatle-related news & artists such as Badfinger, James Taylor, Mary Hopkins.

Moderator: Mike

Thunderclap Newman

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:59 pm

Jimmy was in Thunderclap Newman at the age of 16 (1969) They had a #1 single with Something In The Air and they made an album called Hollywood Dream. I just picked up this album a couple of days ago and I am really impressed. It's a great album. I recommend it to everybody. Pete Townsend produced the album and played bass on a few tracks.
"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby kylestyle » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:08 am

That's cool. Something in the Air is obviously a quality hit song, but are there any other standout songs on this album worth commenting on? Are there any songs right up there with SITA? Or maybe there are songs on there which you enjoy even more?
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:44 am

I love the whole album, my favorites on there are Something In The Air, The Reason, Accidents (Jimmy has an amazing guitar solo in the middle of it), Hollywood Dream (Instrumental) and I See It All. Jimmy and his brother Jack wrote the instrumental Hollywood Dream and I See It All. Jimmy has lead vocal on I See It All and the first part of Accidents (single version). So that was a neat surprise for me listening to the album for the first time. The whole album is great though :)
"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Return to The Beatles: Related Discussions