Queen Party CD without best Macca performances

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:26 am

I know that - perhaps I should have said if you're only going to get a limited amount of space on the CD, you'll put on the better known tracks, with MAYBE ONE lesser-known song for curiosity's sake.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:27 am

Oh, god, that sounds a little rude - sorry there. What I meant was, obviously I'm aware of what he played, I saw the whole show, mainly for Paul and Queen, and I enjoyed it. I was very happy when Paul finally emerged, and found it interesting, the selection he performed. But if there's only so much space on the one CD (although I do think it should have been two), then he's more likely to put the most famous songs on.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:31 am

Well--I would have snipped off anything from Rod, "belly-full" Stewart, Tom Jones, Cliff Richard, or Queen (I mean, really--4 songs? give me a break...Freddy's dead--move on, lads) before cutting pepper/the end. Amazing.

Sooner or later we all will be there....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:33 am

The version of Bohemian Rhapsody was amazing, with the We Will Rock You cast - the highlight of the evening for me!

I'll agree that the rest of their set couldabin better. Brian and Roger should have swapped songs, and they should never have let W**l Y***g perform with them. But Bo Rhap . . . fantastic.

Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:37 am

Sorry--just doesn't do it for me....It like Ringo going out, calling himslef "The Beatles", and singing Hey Jude, and In MY Life...well almost :). I was a Queen fan, but, please -- they are not Queen without Freddy....period. And to take up that much space...ridiculous.

Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:39 am

Fair enough - I personally find it interesting to see them collaborating on something. Well, apart from W**l Y***g, of course - he and the rest of the P*p I**l mod should be banned.

By the way, have you seen or heard any of Brian and Roger's solo albums? There's some great stuff on it - especially Roger's "Happiness" album. Foreign Sand is out of this world!

Liam OSM

Postby Thomas » Sat Aug 17, 2002 1:13 pm

I don't agree with Liam.
I've seen the show and I thought Queen 'made a fool out of themselves. They used to be so great.
I've seen Queen play here in Amsterdam on the "museumplein (Museumsquare. It is the Square where th van gogh museum and the Rijksmuseum are for everyone who has been in Amsterdam" on our national holiday Queens day (30th of april this year) where we celebrate our Queen Beatrix's birthday (it is actually her mothers, the old Queen Juliana's Birthday but who cares. Beatrix's birthady is in january) But Queen (Roger and Brian) performed there and though the crowd was very enthousiastic, it just wasn't what is was when Freddie was there. Brian is the best guitar player alive in my opinion (he made me pick up the guitar in the first place,)it was the first time I saw him playing live and it was a bit of a deception for me. same on the Party at the palace show. Queen shouldn't perform anymore. It's a pitty but is was over the day Freddie died.

At Party at the palace show I thought Elton John made a complete fool out of himself because he wasn't on the stage and I'm not sure if he was really singing. I really liked While my guitar gently wheeps by Paul en Clapton and I really enjoyed Brian Wilson. Especially God Only knows (maybe the best song ever)
About the CD. why didn't they made a double album so that the entire show could be on it?
Thomas

Postby Thomas » Sat Aug 17, 2002 1:15 pm

Liam,

I think Brians Driven By You and his live album are really good. some amazing guitars on those albums.
Thomas

Postby Steve-o » Sat Aug 17, 2002 3:20 pm

quote:
I don't agree with Liam.
I've seen the show and I thought Queen 'made a fool out of themselves. They used to be so great.

Exactly, Thomas---Great post.

Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sat Aug 17, 2002 3:35 pm

Queen sucks without Freddie. It's like The Doors playing with Michael Bolton as frontman instead of Jim Morrison. No thank you, I'll pass.

Take it away, wanna hear ya play til the lights go down....
Ram1

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions