Happy Bday

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Happy Bday

Postby Ram1 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:41 am

Happy 64th to John, and 29th to Sean.
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
Ram1

Postby esto » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:43 am

Happy birthday to both of them from me too. I've been listening John's music all day, super -hyper-amazing-fantastic. PEACE
There is no music to die for, there is only music to live for!
esto
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby esto » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:21 pm

Imagine there's no war
There is no music to die for, there is only music to live for!
esto
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby macca-fanna » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:57 pm

HAPPY B-DAY johhny walrus! :D
and sean of course too!!
XxXxXxXxXxXveganXxXstraightXedgeXxXxXxXxXxX
macca-fanna
Silver member
Silver member

Postby HeyJude » Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:01 pm

Happy b-day to them!!!
one sweet dream came true today!!!!!
4.6.2004 Leipzig
yay Anna!!!! :mrgreen:
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member

Postby kylestyle » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:18 pm

I feel sad when I read posts like "this would have been John's 64th birthday"....well it's NOT....he's DEAD....grrrrrrr...... :x

They should do the same thing to his killer as what happened to Kenneth Bigley and countless other beheadings...except start off with his ears, his nose, a thumb, his lips, then an eye, then rub salt into all open wounds and then put him in a cage like Ken Bigley and then eat plenty of Mexican burritos and use him as a toilet from atop! :x

Murder and killing should not be tolerated. If someone commits murder, then we as a society should give it back to them ten times as painful. Then maybe innocent citizens like John could still be giving us great music today, because if you knew your fate as a murderer (if the punishment was so unspeakably inhumane and slow), hopefully you would be less likely to wish to commit it in the first place.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)

Postby Cologne girl » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:05 pm

Even though it is not John's 64th birthday, as you say, I like to remember him on every 9 October; and I prefer doing it on 9 October than on 9 December.

I don't know if your remedy would work, Kyle. There are always insane people around who don't give a da** about possible sanctions; the death penalty or even torture won't deter them. They are either just insane or suicidal - or just think of the kinds of people working for Bin Laden. Those in their right minds would think twice or more times before committing murder anyway, and the insane will go ahead, whatever the sanction awaiting them.
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kylestyle » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:59 pm

I'm sure you are correct, CG; my response was an emotional one...where rationality is effectively thrown out the window.

It's just getting me so full of sorrow for all the needless murders going on around the world on a daily basis. People in Iraq being beheaded...bomb blasts, hostage-taking. When I think of what I would want to do to them as a form of 'revenge', I also believe the likes of Chapman should feel the wrath of hatred in the most painful, torturous human means possible.

A pity we can't assemble all the insane people of the world in a far-flung remote corner of Earth and drop a suitcase nuke on them. Terrorize the terrorists and murderers of this planet. Chapmans and bin Ladens included. Oh and the Vengaboys. :lol:

(apologies for the further slip of rational thought...of course this warped form of genocide is not the answer... however I am deadly serious regarding mass destruction of all the Vengaboys!) :lol:
kylestyle

Postby Ram1 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:44 pm

Cologne girl wrote:Even though it is not John's 64th birthday, as you say, I like to remember him on every 9 October; and I prefer doing it on 9 October than on 9 December.

Exactly, CG. Kyle, while I'm sure most of us share your sentiments, this was not the thread, nor the time, to say them. (We have two MDC threads for that). While John may not be here physically, Happy Birthday to him. And to Sean as well. Period.
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
Ram1

Postby kylestyle » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:22 pm

True. Remember to celebrate John! 8)
kylestyle

Next

Return to JOHN