::Let It Be

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby TheBeatles1988 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:41 pm

Bluebird wrote:
HeyJude wrote:I LOVE that "Hark the angels come" part before Let It Be! John's jokes rule :D :twisted:
I think his attitude that time was too harsh and smart to me. :)

Hee :) :lol:
Click here veiw my website

http://www.freewebs.com/thebeatles1988/
TheBeatles1988
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Bluebird » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:31 pm

There´s no one single song here who is better than Let it be naked version. :)
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:35 pm

Bluebird wrote:There´s no one single song here who is better than Let it be naked version. :)

I just would have allowed Phil Spector to step inside the EMI recordings to produce that album with restrictions if I could be there... :lol: I think that his LIB producition wasn't all bad, but he really overproduced it, that's what I think.
Last edited by dsnito on Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby kylestyle » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:33 am

Bluebird wrote:There´s no one single song here who is better than Let it be naked version. :)

I totally disagree. I love ALL the original Let It Be tracks far more than the Naked mixes. Take Let It Be itself, perfect ballsy Spector production, George's solo blazes the skyline. The Naked version - a sub-par George solo and some weird reverb sounds. I think they stuffed it up on the Naked version personally, and that goes for a lot of the Nsked reworkings. The only one I can bear regular listening is the "bare" version of Across The Universe, but without the orchestra, there's something magical missing. I'm so accustomed to the original versions, I will always love them infinitely more.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)

Postby dsnito » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:18 am

kylestyle wrote:

I totally disagree. I love ALL the original Let It Be tracks far more than the Naked mixes. Take Let It Be itself, perfect ballsy Spector production, George's solo blazes the skyline. The Naked version - a sub-par George solo and some weird reverb sounds. I think they stuffed it up on the Naked version personally, and that goes for a lot of the Nsked reworkings. The only one I can bear regular listening is the "bare" version of Across The Universe, but without the orchestra, there's something magical missing. I'm so accustomed to the original versions, I will always love them infinitely more.

Yeah, me too I was well accustomed to hear it with the "wall of sound" production but the cleaned "Winding Road" and "Let It Be"versions sounds more Beatle-esque, I think...sometimes I wanted that the choir background could have been cut off of the songs on the record. That's why I ever liked to see the LIB movie to hear'em cleaned, before the naked version release.
Last edited by dsnito on Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:39 am

kylestyle wrote:

Naked is far superior and just SOUNDS more like the Beatles, WAD. Killer Philler and his gawd-awful arrangements have always made me want to hurl. Naked is what should have been long ago. It is as the Beatles intended. Thank goodness we now have it.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:12 am

Steve-o wrote:
kylestyle wrote:

Naked is far superior and just SOUNDS more like the Beatles, WAD. Killer Philler and his gawd-awful arrangements have always made me want to hurl. Naked is what should have been long ago. It is as the Beatles intended. Thank goodness we now have it.

Yeah, as I already said, I also think that Spector overproduced that album WAD, but don't you think that the song LIB wouldn't be that bad if cutting off just the female choir background??
How George Martin would arrange those songs??That's my curiousity.
Last edited by dsnito on Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:30 am

Steve-o wrote:
kylestyle wrote:

Nice way to say it. It´s sounds much more of the beatles than the original. I don´t like the small comments who take place either.
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:54 pm

At least Paul was wondered and disliked Spector's work on their album, especially on his songs LIB and TLAWR...he definitely would have liked his songs naked of "wall of sound". So that has been done now with LIB Naked album...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby kylestyle » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:37 am

Steve-o wrote:Killer Philler

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle

PreviousNext