Paul & Heather Launch the Adopt-A-Minefield Auction

Discussions regarding charities and issues support by Paul.

Moderator: Mike

Paul & Heather Launch the Adopt-A-Minefield Auction

Postby Mike » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:47 am

Paul McCartney and Heather Mills McCartney Launch the Adopt-A-Minefield Auction

NEW YORK, Sept. 20 /PRNewswire/ -- Paul McCartney and Heather Mills
McCartney are excited to announce the launch of the "Adopt-A-Minefield Charity Auction," one of the most anticipated charitable events of the year! Paul and Heather's ultra-elite and ultra-unique friends have generously donated amazing experiences, fabulous trips and timeless memorabilia to benefit this important cause.
The auction goes live September 21st and will feature musical icons such as Ringo Starr, Aerosmith, Kid Rock, Tom Petty, Sting, Jimmy Buffet, Coldplay, Norah Jones, B.B. King and Shania Twain. Some of our Hollywood mega-stars include Emmy winner Sarah Jessica Parker, Emmy nominated Steve Buscemi, Aidan Quinn, Orlando Bloom, Nicole Kidman, John Travolta, Naomi Watts, and comedic geniuses Ellen DeGeneres and Ray Romano. You'll also find fabulous fashion designers such as Nanette Lepore and oh-so-cool fashion consultant to the stars, Phillip Bloch, as well as some delectable Chefs, such as the renowned Craig Shelton. Their support has been crucial, and so is yours; visit http://www.charityfolks.com so that you too can bid to give!

Charity Folks, the leading online charity auction venue, was enlisted to
conduct the Paul and Heather McCartney Adopt-A-Minefield Auction. Driven by the belief that amazing things happen when people get the resources they need, Charity Folks uses technology to help charities and organizations raise the money they need to accomplish their mission.

Adopt-A-Minefield(R) is a program of the United Nations Association of the USA, which engages individuals, community groups, and businesses in the United Nations effort to resolve the global landmine crisis. The Campaign helps to save lives by raising funds for mine clearance and survivor assistance and by raising awareness about the landmine problem. The idea behind Adopt-A-Minefield is both powerful and simple. Designed to move beyond the political and policy debates typically associated with banning the use of landmines, the Campaign provides a practical solution to the tens of millions of mines that contaminate the world and to the countless survivors of landmine accidents.

All proceeds go to the 501(c)(3) Adopt-A-Minefield/UNA-USA Organization.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby fiser1 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:51 pm

Man if I had the money I'd be bidding on the Dinner with Paul and Heather and the Signed drum skin from Ringo, Theres some cool stuff on that page.
fiser1

Postby BeatleBabe » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:00 pm

I totally agree with you fiser1. I would love to have dinner with Paul and Heather! How awesome would that be!
What are you doing on the floor?
I'm tired
BeatleBabe

Return to MACCA-Charities & Issues