Maccobain

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Maestri09 » Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:06 am

I wouldn't say paul would be like kurt cobain. I think Kurt had way too many issues that paul's personality could never fit into. Paul's music, as hard as it was, was upbeat, rhythm and blues, dance music. not angst music. I think Paul would be more like having the energy of KISS, and the personality of the Red hot chilli peppers. Kurt would be more of a "primal scream" kind of guy.
Maestri09
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Bluebird » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:03 am

maestri09 wrote:
I wouldn't say paul would be like kurt cobain.

Me too, if Paul was a young songwriter I think he problably still will do harmony songs.
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby HeyJude » Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:51 pm

About what Kurt thought about Paul, I've got something:
I own only one single copy of a RS mag, it's the March 10, 1994 issue. There, in the correspondence heading, is a letter referring to an earlier interview with Cobain, it goes like this:
Paul McCartney embarasses Kurt Cobain? Let's see if in 30 years anyone has a clue whom Cobain is. I don't think the man who wrote "For No One" and "Helter Skelter" should worry about embarassing the man who wrote "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Dumb."
Rachel Case
Lynchburg, VA.

(BTW just as I was reading through this topic, I realized again, what a j*rk Gasman was)
one sweet dream came true today!!!!!
4.6.2004 Leipzig
yay Anna!!!! :mrgreen:
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:20 pm

HeyJude wrote:(BTW just as I was reading through this topic, I realized again, what a j*rk Gasman was)
You should of seen some of the posts that got deleted. Amazingly foul.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kylestyle » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:16 am

Gastro on the first page, overlooked a major contributing factor in Kurt's depression. Kurt had a lingering terrible stomach problem, a crippling stomach problem, which was getting worse and worse as his life progressed. He went from doctor-to-doctor, but nobody could properly diagnose what was going on, giving him medication that never worked, and the pain was so great, he wanted to die. I remember reading that the main reason he began to take heroin was because it was the only way of temporarily relieving his stomach pain (I guess like how people take cannabis for pain relief, only the stomach pain needed MEGA-relief). It must have been absolutely horrible for Kurt to live with this from day to day.

Gastro assumes that Kurt was just a boo-hoo-bratty-rich-rock-star but there was a LOT going on "under the hood", physiologically, not just psychologically.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)

Postby kapoo » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:00 pm

IMHO, Kurt had issues with himself and pretty much the entire world around him. Gastro, Kurt came from one of the shXttiest upbringings a white kid in America can come from. An abusive dad who made fun of him, homeless at age 16 because he ran away, into drugs at an early age (an I'm not talking about weed..), never fit in at school to the point he stopped going... blah blah blah. But it's not like he had this great life you're talking about. He happened to be a talented musician, and that catapulted this man, who was otherwise completely unhappy and at odds with the world his whole life, into the world spotlight. And worst of all for him as he said, his fans were mostly the same "jock type people" who beat the crap out of him earlier in life (those are his words, not mine). So it's unfortunate that all of that, coupled with drug problems, depression and physical and mental illness could drive him to the point of suicide. But it did. So you should try to learn from him and understand that this type of shXt happens. You can't write him off as a loser just because he should have been happy with all the money he had. FXck $ sometimes. There are more important things like self respect and the support of friends and family. I mean, Kurt's only supporters were people he didn't know.

ps.- Kurt did say that Paul imberrassed him. But he was probably just coming off a 3 month H bender.... I think he looked at Paul as a real sell out, sort of a BackStreet Boy of the 60's. Which isn't true, but like it or not, Paul gets that rap sometimes. Songs like Honey Pie didn't help his cause... (I like honey Pie...)
kapoo

Postby kylestyle » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:25 pm

kapoo wrote:he ran away, into drugs at an early age (an I'm not talking about weed..)

I've read he was just a harmless stoner, one of the stoner kids, and that was it.
kylestyle

Postby kapoo » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:38 pm

I don't know man, I've heard a lot of things... but minimally, I know he was smoking weed and eating a lot of acid by the time he was 16. I heard that he would take any pharmacudicals he could find too. I've been a Nirvana fan all my life (I'm 27) and I've read that in a bunch of places. I mean, you never really know for sure, but that whole Seattle grung scene was a heroin haven. I bet he tried that late 80's.
kapoo

Postby kylestyle » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:41 pm

ah yeah you could be right, but yeah i read that Kurt only got into the heroin because he saw it as a last resort to overcoming his stomach pain, and Courtney and himself as a result of it, became totally f***ed over by it.
kylestyle

Postby kapoo » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:19 pm

It's really tough to tell what's true and what's not about Kurt's heroin use. But when Nevermind broke, he was already a heavy user, probably suicidal too. I mean, he mentions guns at least a couple times I can think of (InBloom & ComeAsYouAre). That's another reason why the spotlight sucked so bad for him. Imagine being a depressed junkie who now had to be seen all the time, by everybody! That must have been crazy... His fame happened that fast. Kurt said he really never even wanted to be a singer! But all of a sudden he was the most famous one inthe world. Lithium's a song about Lithium. Great song about that drug IMHO! Trippy lyrics, but all his lyrics were trippy. A lot of organic, almost medicinal lyrics...

There is a performance of Nirvana playing TeenSpirit on MTV in 91' where Kurt has red hair, wearing that green cardigan of his, you may have seen it. Well I've read that he was so shot up during that performance he could barely play. If you watch that, you can see him extremely fried, trying his best to sing and hit those high notes, or screeches.

Dudes, I really loved Nirvana and Kurt's music. His lyrics were so cool. I could write on this thread all day. But I won't...
kapoo

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle