::The Beatles ( White Album)

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby dsnito » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:07 pm

"Sexy Sadie" is a reference to Maharish and that´s interesting that also appears on two of songs in solo career of George("Simply Shady") and Ringo("Devil Woman")did you noticed yet??
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby kapoo » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:44 pm

Yeah, Paul's songs on the WhiteAlbum were so good man. If you think about it, with the songs Paul wrote around that period (1968ish), he could have had the greatest solo artist album of all time. Try this on for size for a possible McCartney1/2 "1968ish fantasy album":
Back In the USSR
Obla-di Obla-da
Martha My Dear
Blackbird
Rocky Racoon
Why Don't We Do It In The Road?
I Will
Birthday
Mother Nature's Son
Helter Skelter
Hey Jude
Lady Madonna
Teddy Boy

Those are 13 great tracks from that period outta Macca, for sure. But I would never change the White Album. One of the greatest of all time!
kapoo

Postby Bluebird » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:58 pm

kapoo wrote: But I would never change the White Album. One of the greatest of all time!
Agree!
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby kapoo » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:03 am

yep, I agree. John had a really strong 68' too. Lots of great songs there. I always really liked HeyBulldog. I liked how John and Paul riffed at the end of it. Sounded like they had a lot of fun doing it!
kapoo

Postby dsnito » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:02 pm

Bluebird wrote:
kapoo wrote: But I would never change the White Album. One of the greatest of all time!
Agree!

I'd NEVER change ANY Beatle album for NOTHING in this UNIVERSE...ALL those are UNTOUCHABLE... :wink:
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby kylestyle » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:15 pm

Yeah I don't think I could ever split up my White Album into CD-Rs of "Paul" and "John" songs. Besides, you would miss out on Savoy Truffle and Piggies too. If I listen to the White Album, I want to listen to the WHOLE thing. The album's diversity is something to celebrate. I want my ears to be challenged, to hear something different each time. I don't think I would enjoy a CD-R that has just Dear Prudence followed by Julia followed by Revolution 1 etc. I want to hear Sexy Sadie, followed by Helter Skelter, followed by Me and My Monkey, followed by Long Long Long....know what I mean? To hear a different angle on rock 'n' roll each time. That's the beauty of this album.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)

Postby kylestyle » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:28 pm

EMB wrote:A sprawling mess of ideas, but so many fine gems and mini-masterpieces it's one of those albums I keep coming back to, flaws and all....

ED 8)

I don't think the album has any flaws. I'd give the album 10/10 no question. Mind you, there are tracks on there I love like Revolution 9 and Yer Blues, which others may see as a "flaw". Take a track like "Happiness Is A Warm Gun"...it's a fractured track, rough and grungy as hell...but heck it's a work of genius! I challenge Linkin Park or Westlife to make a track like that - that's right...they simply couldn't. Radiohead attempted fractured compositions with Paranoid Android (a classic track in itself)- there's always an exception here and there. But, even in a time of inner turmoil, The Beatles were so ahead of the game, bands some 40 years later have no comprehension of how such a track can be pulled off.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle

Postby Bluebird » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:14 am

dsnito wrote:
Bluebird wrote:
Agree!

I'd NEVER change ANY Beatle album for NOTHING in this UNIVERSE...ALL those are UNTOUCHABLE... :wink:
Of course, but otherwise is just fun speculated talk. :)
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums