::Revolver

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby dsnito » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:16 pm

dsnito wrote:
Bluebird wrote:
dsnito wrote:Interesting that George had 3 of his songs included in this album, ´cos normally he had been included 2 songs in average by album...
Yes good point there. My suggestion is that he began to grow up from that period. People always talking about that George grew up in beatles and so on. And I think that this period gave him spirit and maybe some self-confidence with so much significance during that album. Unfortunately he broke a little bit during sgt. pepper, but his indian inspired way to write was a revolution for his sooner life! WAD!


We can realize Indian influences on George in Rubber Soul album with sitar sound on "Norwegian Wood" in 1965 already.
"Within You Without You" is the longest Sgt.Pepper´s track, also the longest wrote by George ever, so that´s why he could include just one song in that album.


Must have also to stand out that George wrote two fine songs in
Rubber Soul album: "If I Needed Someone" and "Think For Yourself", nice lyrics and melodies showing the talented songwriter that George was...
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
User avatar
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 5210
Joined: Mon May 13, 2002 11:58 am
Location: Brazil

Postby Bluebird » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:28 am

Yes and also even before with "I need you". :)
Don´t you think that George actual breakthrough was during Revolver??
You must appreciate the day...
User avatar
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 9023
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:06 am
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark

Postby Cologne girl » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:21 pm

Bluebird wrote:Yes and also even before with "I need you". :)
Don´t you think that George actual breakthrough was during Revolver??

Yes, Bluebird, I agree. At that time, he was discovering his own particular style, with a little help from Ravi Shankar and friends. The songs before that sound very much like John and Paul could have written them, but at the time of "Revolver" he starts sounding like himself, developing an unmistakeable sound of his own.
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
User avatar
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 2205
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 8:16 pm
Location: Far Far Away

Postby dsnito » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:01 am

I think "Taxman" got one of the best lyrics I´ve heard, so clever, so ironic and he was telling the truth because the taxes(mainly in the UK)are still almost a robbery on the people´s savings. He grew fastly as a lyricist at that time...
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
User avatar
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 5210
Joined: Mon May 13, 2002 11:58 am
Location: Brazil

Postby Bluebird » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:48 am

dsnito wrote:I think "Taxman" got one of the best lyrics I´ve heard, so clever, so ironic and he was telling the truth because the taxes(mainly in the UK)are still almost a robbery on the people´s savings. He grew fastly as a lyricist at that time...
I agree, the lyrics is definately written pretty ironic. The lyrics in "I want to tell you" is a bit shallow, aren´t they?
You must appreciate the day...
User avatar
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 9023
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:06 am
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark

Postby dsnito » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:54 am

Bluebird wrote:
dsnito wrote:I think "Taxman" got one of the best lyrics I´ve heard, so clever, so ironic and he was telling the truth because the taxes(mainly in the UK)are still almost a robbery on the people´s savings. He grew fastly as a lyricist at that time...
I agree, the lyrics is definately written pretty ironic. The lyrics in "I want to tell you" is a bit shallow, aren´t they?


Mmm...has no deep meanings, just ordinary lyrics about a confused guy...but even John and Paul made songs with shallow meanings.
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
User avatar
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 5210
Joined: Mon May 13, 2002 11:58 am
Location: Brazil

Postby Bluebird » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:04 am

I think She said she said and Eleanor Rigby have the greatest lyrics on the album...
You must appreciate the day...
User avatar
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 9023
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:06 am
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark

Postby dsnito » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:49 am

Bluebird wrote:I think She said she said and Eleanor Rigby have the greatest lyrics on the album...


Beyond these I like very much "Tomorrow Never Knows", "For No One", " And Your Bird Can Sing"...well, it´s easier to say I LOVE all those... :lol:
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
User avatar
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 5210
Joined: Mon May 13, 2002 11:58 am
Location: Brazil

Postby Bluebird » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:28 pm

dsnito wrote:
Bluebird wrote:I think She said she said and Eleanor Rigby have the greatest lyrics on the album...


Beyond these I like very much "Tomorrow Never Knows", "For No One", " And Your Bird Can Sing"...well, it´s easier to say I LOVE all those... :lol:
You I also do, but I point the songs out with special great lyrics, you know. Not them all have great lyrics, like Yellow sub.
You must appreciate the day...
User avatar
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 9023
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:06 am
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark

Postby dsnito » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:46 pm

Bluebird wrote:
dsnito wrote:
Bluebird wrote:I think She said she said and Eleanor Rigby have the greatest lyrics on the album...


Beyond these I like very much "Tomorrow Never Knows", "For No One", " And Your Bird Can Sing"...well, it´s easier to say I LOVE all those... :lol:
You I also do, but I point the songs out with special great lyrics, you know. Not them all have great lyrics, like Yellow sub.


I disagree, YS has loveable lyrics...maybe child-like, but a well constructed song.
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
User avatar
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 5210
Joined: Mon May 13, 2002 11:58 am
Location: Brazil

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests