Klaus Voormann on bavarian radio

Discussions of Beatle-related news & artists such as Badfinger, James Taylor, Mary Hopkins.

Moderator: Mike

Klaus Voormann on bavarian radio

Postby macca-fanna » Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:03 am

sunday 9.30 to 12.30 (european standard time)
and for you all, who speak german so fluently and don't receive it, you can listen to it online:
http://www.br-online.de/bayern3/live/audio/
XxXxXxXxXxXveganXxXstraightXedgeXxXxXxXxXxX
macca-fanna
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Berkeleyan » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:28 am

Klaus has ever been a great, trusted friend of the fab four since their early days in Hamburg. And what a terrific bass player he was !
He was such a great session man in the 70's, so much in demand for famous rocksters, that I wonder why he vanished from the musical scene in the 80's.
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

Postby dsnito » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:31 pm

Berkeleyan wrote:Klaus has ever been a great, trusted friend of the fab four since their early days in Hamburg. And what a terrific bass player he was !
He was such a great session man in the 70's, so much in demand for famous rocksters, that I wonder why he vanished from the musical scene in the 80's.

He was a great bass player indeed(great job along with John, George and Ringo in '71-'75 period), but he was also a graphic artist and seems that he liked to do that job more than to be a musician, that's how I've ever felt about him...we just have to look at "Revolver" cover, "Ringo"'s lyrics booklet, "Beatles Anthology"series cover, just mentioning some of his artworks...
Maybe he's retired now...??I hope he's fine...
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Berkeleyan » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:00 am

Yeah Klaus is a fantastic artist - as a graphic designer, illustrator and musician. The Beatles really hit one (of many) jackpots when they got to talking with Klaus and Astrid, when the two of them went to see them play in Hamburg.

But anyway, I don't know if he's retired or not. He's not that old for it, he's about 62-64, I presume. But he's definitely avoided the headlines (or the headlines have avoided him) in the last 10 or so years.....
Berkeleyan

Postby dsnito » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:23 pm

Berkeleyan wrote:Yeah Klaus is a fantastic artist - as a graphic designer, illustrator and musician. The Beatles really hit one (of many) jackpots when they got to talking with Klaus and Astrid, when the two of them went to see them play in Hamburg.

But anyway, I don't know if he's retired or not. He's not that old for it, he's about 62-64, I presume. But he's definitely avoided the headlines (or the headlines have avoided him) in the last 10 or so years.....

Yeah true, Berk...BTW have you seen or heard about Astrid Kirschner?? I´m quite curious about that german lady that was so beautiful in the early Beatle days...
Last edited by dsnito on Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Berkeleyan » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:35 am

No, man -
I've not seen or heard anything on Astrid for many, many years....
I know one think - when the Beatles were on their 2nd or third tour of America (1965), Astrid stayed with them in Florida for a couple of days. There are pictures of her (in a swimsuit - very nice looking lady !) with George by the pool.
Berkeleyan

Postby dsnito » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:00 pm

Cologne Girl must know something about Astrid...hey CG, what´s the new?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby theDingle » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:31 pm

A while back when Paul was on the cover of MOJO, included with the mag were 4 large postcards by 4 different artists of 4 different rock bands (White Stripes, etc.).

Klaus did one of them of the Beatles. It was a collage illustration, similar in style to the Revolver cover of the mid-60s Beatles, but no photos, it was all drawn. I replaced my black CD holder in the Revolver jewel case with a clear one and placed the card underneath, looks cool!
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Postby Berkeleyan » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:29 am

He's a great, complete artist. Not many people in the rock/pop scene can boast such a beautiful curriculum !
Klaus has lived a lot, he's got a lot of stories to tell about the Fab Four (together years and solo years) and a whole lot more.
It would be great if he decided to write a book....
Berkeleyan

Postby theDingle » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:49 pm

Berkeleyan wrote:It would be great if he decided to write a book....
WAD, B'.

Wouldn't it even be cooler to have known 'the boys' way back when, like him and Aspinall? Call 'em up any old time and ask, "Hey, can I come over and help you jam?" :shock: :D
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Next

Return to The Beatles: Related Discussions