::Revolver

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby dsnito » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:04 am

kylestyle wrote:
Biggest Paul Fan wrote:It´s also a great album from George with "I want to tell you" and "Taxman".

And 'Love You To' is an underrated pop song as well. Strip away all the tabla playing on it and you have something Blink 182 could pull off a tuneful cover in a flash (not that I'd necessarily want that to happen...hehehe....just a hypothesis).

Blink 182? D´ya think so?
Interesting that George had 3 of his songs included in this album, ´cos normally he had been included 2 songs in average by album...
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:04 am

dsnito wrote:
kylestyle wrote:
Biggest Paul Fan wrote:It´s also a great album from George with "I want to tell you" and "Taxman".

And 'Love You To' is an underrated pop song as well. Strip away all the tabla playing on it and you have something Blink 182 could pull off a tuneful cover in a flash (not that I'd necessarily want that to happen...hehehe....just a hypothesis).

Blink 182? D´ya really think so? :?
Interesting that George had 3 of his songs included in this album, ´cos normally he had been included 2 songs in average by album...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:51 pm

dsnito wrote:Interesting that George had 3 of his songs included in this album, ´cos normally he had been included 2 songs in average by album...
Yes good point there. My suggestion is that he began to grow up from that period. People always talking about that George grew up in beatles and so on. And I think that this period gave him spirit and maybe some self-confidence with so much significance during that album. Unfortunately he broke a little bit during sgt. pepper, but his indian inspired way to write was a revolution for his sooner life! WAD!
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:39 pm

Bluebird wrote:
dsnito wrote:Interesting that George had 3 of his songs included in this album, ´cos normally he had been included 2 songs in average by album...
Yes good point there. My suggestion is that he began to grow up from that period. People always talking about that George grew up in beatles and so on. And I think that this period gave him spirit and maybe some self-confidence with so much significance during that album. Unfortunately he broke a little bit during sgt. pepper, but his indian inspired way to write was a revolution for his sooner life! WAD!

We can realize Indian influences on George in Rubber Soul album with sitar sound on "Norwegian Wood" in 1965 already.
"Within You Without You" is the longest Sgt.Pepper´s track, also the longest wrote by George ever, so that´s why he could include just one song in that album.
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:58 pm

dsnito wrote:
Bluebird wrote:

We can realize Indian influences on George in Rubber Soul album with sitar sound on "Norwegian Wood" in 1965 already.
"Within You Without You" is the longest Sgt.Pepper´s track, also the longest wrote by George ever, so that´s why he could include just one song in that album.
But as he also self sings in "Only a nothern song" was it hard for him to give contributions that time..
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Ram1 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:56 pm

Well, as we all know, George was very frustrated....who wouldn't be? But it was pretty tough, to say the least, to compete with Lennon and McCartney. Hence, a triple album of built up material in 1970.
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
Ram1

Postby dsnito » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:55 pm

Ram1 wrote:Well, as we all know, George was very frustrated....who wouldn't be? But it was pretty tough, to say the least, to compete with Lennon and McCartney. Hence, a triple album of built up material in 1970.

Yeah, that was the only way to show all of his works...OUT of the Beatles.
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Ram1 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:27 pm

I always found it dissapointing that a song like 'Not Guilty' didn't make the "cut". I would have MUCH rathered that song to be included on the White Album than Rev. #9. :roll:
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
Ram1

Postby Bluebird » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:14 pm

Ram1 wrote:I always found it dissapointing that a song like 'Not Guilty' didn't make the "cut". I would have MUCH rathered that song to be included on the White Album than Rev. #9. :roll:
:o Good question. Sometimes I understand George words in "Wah Wah" !!!
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums