::The Beatles 1967-1970 (Blue)

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby TheBeatles1988 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:39 pm

dsnito wrote:I always thought that the Beatles Red and Blue double albums are good gifts to give to that whom is not a huge Beatle-fan but likes just their hit songs...

Well, yes now thats true
Click here veiw my website

http://www.freewebs.com/thebeatles1988/
TheBeatles1988
Silver member
Silver member

Postby kylestyle » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:13 am

Well the reason they were important for me was because Past Masters was not out at the time (obviously) and I did not have all of the Beatles 45s (and the 45s I had were mono and in very poor condition). Therefore, imagine all the great Beatles tracks you would miss if you didn't have these albums: Rain, Paperback Writer, I Feel Fine, Revolution, Hey Jude, Lady Madonna, From Me To You, the list goes on. These albums were essential for ANYone, be they Beatles fans or people new to their music.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)

Postby TheBeatles1988 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:18 pm

kylestyle wrote:Well the reason they were important for me was because Past Masters was not out at the time (obviously) and I did not have all of the Beatles 45s (and the 45s I had were mono and in very poor condition). Therefore, imagine all the great Beatles tracks you would miss if you didn't have these albums: Rain, Paperback Writer, I Feel Fine, Revolution, Hey Jude, Lady Madonna, From Me To You, the list goes on. These albums were essential for ANYone, be they Beatles fans or people new to their music.

God, I know wouln't it be terrible! :)

TheBeatles1988
Silver member
Silver member

Postby dsnito » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:25 pm

kylestyle wrote:Well the reason they were important for me was because Past Masters was not out at the time (obviously) and I did not have all of the Beatles 45s (and the 45s I had were mono and in very poor condition). Therefore, imagine all the great Beatles tracks you would miss if you didn't have these albums: Rain, Paperback Writer, I Feel Fine, Revolution, Hey Jude, Lady Madonna, From Me To You, the list goes on. These albums were essential for ANYone, be they Beatles fans or people new to their music.

OK, but the Red/Blue albums are excellent START to anyone NON-fans...got it?? :wink:
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby TheBeatles1988 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:16 pm

dsnito wrote:

OK, but the Red/Blue albums are excellent START to anyone NON-fans...got it?? :wink:

Well, I mean why should't they its a good Album for any one to get any. Don't you think?? :D

TheBeatles1988
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Cologne girl » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:58 pm

I think you're moving in circles here really. I do understand Nito's point. In fact, the Red and the Blue Albums were the first I got and that got me hooked on the Beatles. Later I got all their official releases and having these I don't really need the Red and the Blue Albums any longer, but they're still nice to get back to every now and then, especially if you have little time, so in a way, you're both right.
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kylestyle » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:39 pm

I hear you, dsnito!

Yeah, I think the albums are worth having because of the tracklisting. I mean, I Am the Walrus, followed by Hello Goodbye, then Magical Mystery Tour, Fool On the Hill, Hey Jude, Revolution (just trying to remember how it goes), anyway it is a classic track order that you wouldn't get on any other Beatle album. So there's another great reason to have these albums - everything flows so well, even if it is a compilation.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle

Postby dsnito » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:51 am

Must say that if a Beatle non-fan gets such gift immediately BECOMES a fan, I'm sure of...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:55 am

kylestyle wrote:I hear you, dsnito!

Yeah, I think the albums are worth having because of the tracklisting. I mean, I Am the Walrus, followed by Hello Goodbye, then Magical Mystery Tour, Fool On the Hill, Hey Jude, Revolution (just trying to remember how it goes), anyway it is a classic track order that you wouldn't get on any other Beatle album. So there's another great reason to have these albums - everything flows so well, even if it is a compilation.

Yep, that chronological order is the strong point of the collection to any becoming fans...that's a summary of The Beatles career... 8)
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:31 pm

dsnito wrote:Must say that if a Beatle non-fan gets such gift immediately BECOMES a fan, I'm sure of...
Example My mom 8) I Gave it to her for present
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums