::Beatles For Sale

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:03 pm

HeyJude wrote:I'verecently seen a video of theLads performing Baby's In Black in Ready Steady Go! Well, the girls are screaimng throughout, but when they sing our fav part "Oh how long will it take....", they're totally extatic, and I can deeply understand them! :)
I have that one somewhere, on video. Great moment...and they could barely hear themselves in that TV studio!!
User avatar
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:18 pm
Location: USA

Postby Bluebird » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:32 pm

I think there are great vokals by both, on the whole album.
You must appreciate the day...
User avatar
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 9023
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:06 am
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark

Postby Grillo » Sat May 01, 2004 9:41 pm

Biggest Paul Fan wrote:I think there are great vokals by both, on the whole album.


(Okay...quantity of albums there are not great MaccaLennon vocals, sucka)

PS: ( ): It´s a marix neologism that will be explained later
User avatar
Grillo
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 11:46 am
Location: Argentina

Postby Bluebird » Sun May 02, 2004 6:28 am

Grillo wrote:
Biggest Paul Fan wrote:I think there are great vokals by both, on the whole album.


(Okay...quantity of albums there are not great MaccaLennon vocals, sucka)

PS: ( ): It´s a marix neologism that will be explained later
Hmm?? Ja
You must appreciate the day...
User avatar
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 9023
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:06 am
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark

Postby dsnito » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:42 pm

Bluebird wrote:It´s a bit strange that Paul let John sings both "8 days a week" and "Every little thing" because Paul has wrote them. :?
I think it was a perfect follow up from a hard day´s night and I love the album like any other beales albums. Something who could have been better was if they have used some other cover tracks like " WOrds of love" and "Everybodys trying to be my baby".


I think that's nothing wrong if Paul had been let John sang songs which had been written by him...though that's not only John was singing the two songs you've mentioned but those were sang in vocal harmonies by both Paul AND John... :?
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
User avatar
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 5210
Joined: Mon May 13, 2002 11:58 am
Location: Brazil

Postby Bluebird » Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:57 pm

dsnito wrote:
Bluebird wrote:It´s a bit strange that Paul let John sings both "8 days a week" and "Every little thing" because Paul has wrote them. :?
I think it was a perfect follow up from a hard day´s night and I love the album like any other beales albums. Something who could have been better was if they have used some other cover tracks like " WOrds of love" and "Everybodys trying to be my baby".


I think that's nothing wrong if Paul had been let John sang songs which had been written by him...though that's not only John was singing the two songs you've mentioned but those were sang in vocal harmonies by both Paul AND John... :?
But the point is why Paul let John sing those songs. I would have loved to hear the whole verison of every little thing with Paul as the leadvocalist, on the flywall disc on Naked album Paul sings ELT quiete well I think and maybe he could have done the same with 8 days a week.
You must appreciate the day...
User avatar
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 9023
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:06 am
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark

Postby Ram1 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:48 pm

On a whole, the worst Beatles album, in my opinion....
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
User avatar
Ram1
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 9365
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:58 pm
Location: The United States of America

Postby theDingle » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:27 pm

Ram1 wrote:On a whole, the worst Beatles album, in my opinion....

I'm profiling you for a possible case study, and even worse, I'm telling Shinestar what you said... :P :)
not shmingking of gin
User avatar
theDingle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 2539
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:32 pm
Location: USA

Postby Ram1 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:24 pm

theDingle wrote:
Ram1 wrote:On a whole, the worst Beatles album, in my opinion....

I'm profiling you for a possible case study, and even worse, I'm telling Shinestar what you said... :P :)


I stand by what I said, SIR!! It's a Beatles album, so of course it's good. But, in my opinion, it nowhere near measures up to the other albums. Something's missing. Sounds like it was thrown together.
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
User avatar
Ram1
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 9365
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:58 pm
Location: The United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests