Beatle Paul vs Solo Paul

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Cologne girl » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:23 pm

Bluebird wrote:Look at their chatalog during 1967. All Pauls projekts for the group, and think he grew incredible high up during that time. And since then he has keep on growing.

DOUBLECHOKE! The chatalog sounds like they were well ahead of their time :lol:
And let me tell you, Bluest Bird, I've just turned 40, and from a certain age onwards, we don't grow anymore, we start shrinking; just ask Steve :lol: :lol:
On a more serious note, I can't see such a "getting better all the time" development. I think like all humans, he rather had his ups and downs, his highlights and his "low"lights. "Sgt. Pepper" and "BOTR" certainly were among the highlights; for me personally, MaccaII was his lowest light ever. But "Driving Rain" was another highlight. And we don't know what will come next!!
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Maestri09 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:57 pm

I can't seem to recall paul actively pushing the envelope in his solo years the way that he did with the beatles. That must be why he gets a bad rap when critics look at his solo career. I figure he needed john to push him.
Maestri09
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:21 pm

Cologne girl wrote: I think like all humans, he rather had his ups and downs, his highlights and his "low"lights. "Sgt. Pepper" and "BOTR" certainly were among the highlights; for me personally, MaccaII was his lowest light ever. But "Driving Rain" was another highlight. And we don't know what will come next!!

You know, ma´am, I´ve got the same feeling as you..."Sgt.Pepper" and "BOTR" as the highlights. :wink:
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:13 pm

Dsnito >> And Tug of war :mrgreen:
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:14 am

Tug Of War??...OK, AWESOME but not so much as BOTR IMO...
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:43 am

dsnito wrote:Tug Of War??...OK, AWESOME but not so much as BOTR IMO...
No not as much but the runner up on my macca favorites 8) I always say BOTR, TOW, FP... :D
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby TheBeatles1988 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:03 pm

Bluebird wrote:
dsnito wrote:Tug Of War??...OK, AWESOME but not so much as BOTR IMO...
No not as much but the runner up on my macca favorites 8) I always say BOTR, TOW, FP... :D

Yea!! BOTR Rocks! I love that song
Click here veiw my website

http://www.freewebs.com/thebeatles1988/
TheBeatles1988
Silver member
Silver member

Postby kapoo » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:48 pm

I personally think that Paul's music is sent to him from above, FROM THE GOOOOODSSS!!! OOOH HHAA HAA HAA HAAAAAA!!!!! And it always has been. The person he is at the time shapes the vibrations he passes on in his music. Youth is a great thing, creates energy, creativity, discovery, niavity, blah blah blah. But he was by far the most musically gifted Beatles, I don't believe that to be a matter of opinion. And his music has always mirrored his life in his own gifted mind. Can you say genius? Everything he has ever done is unbelievable....
kapoo

Postby Cologne girl » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:43 pm

kapoo wrote:But he was by far the most musically gifted Beatles, I don't believe that to be a matter of opinion. And his music has always mirrored his life in his own gifted mind. Can you say genius? Everything he has ever done is unbelievable....

I'm sorry to disagree here, and God knows I'm one of the craziest Maccamaniacs on Planet Earth, but I think those who say that John was as much of a genius are not far off. We always have to bear in mind that he was assassinated at the onset of middle age, so he didn't have much of a chance to reflect the other stages in his life in his music, even though "Double Fantasy" can give us some idea of what it might have been like. Also it has often been said that he was less disciplined, more sloppy if you like, and more vulnerable as a person. He, perhaps more than Paul, seemed to need someone to push him.
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kapoo » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:52 pm

You know, I completely understand what you are saying cologneGirl. It's true, John was cut short in his musical contributions, and most definitely was less disciplined so didn't put out as much material as Paul anyway. And, the man could write an awefully good song too... gee wizz, I think they might justbe about equal... naw, Paul rules! People, look at all the music Paul put out between 1970 and 1980. and now look at John's output. nuff' said. plus, the early years where John dominated, those ablums were weaker than the ones were Paul dominated. also, I think Paul added to Johns songs more than John helped with Pauls. ok later. :) [/quote]
kapoo

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle