::Let It Be

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby Bluebird » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:33 am

kylestyle wrote:Sorry, I can't help you there, the only thing I know about the song datewise, is that it hit #1 in October 1971 on both sides of the Atlantic. Maybe some Googling will provide an answer for you?
I try :wink: All right!
You must appreciate the day...
User avatar
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 9023
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:06 am
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark

Postby Steve-o » Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:26 am

kylestyle wrote:Sorry, I can't help you there, the only thing I know about the song datewise, is that it hit #1 in October 1971 on both sides of the Atlantic. Maybe some Googling will provide an answer for you?
I remember the song from the late summer-early fall of 1971...it was on the radio all of the time. Huge debut. I thought it funny at the time that the title was same as the snippet from Let It Be.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
User avatar
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:18 pm
Location: USA

Postby TheBeatles1988 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:10 pm

Steve-o wrote:
kylestyle wrote:Sorry, I can't help you there, the only thing I know about the song datewise, is that it hit #1 in October 1971 on both sides of the Atlantic. Maybe some Googling will provide an answer for you?
I remember the song from the late summer-early fall of 1971...it was on the radio all of the time. Huge debut. I thought it funny at the time that the title was same as the snippet from Let It Be.


Hey cool, So did you laugh everytime it came on the radio??
Click here veiw my website

http://www.freewebs.com/thebeatles1988/
User avatar
TheBeatles1988
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Postby dsnito » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:31 pm

A thing that's great to remmember is that "Let It Be"(the movie) won the Academy Awards for the best soundtrack...who received the Oscar at that time?? I'm always curious about that...
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
User avatar
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 5210
Joined: Mon May 13, 2002 11:58 am
Location: Brazil

Postby HeyJude » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:56 pm

dsnito wrote:A thing that's great to remmember is that "Let It Be"(the movie) won the Academy Awards for the best soundtrack...who received the Oscar at that time?? I'm always curious about that...

According to imdb.com, it was Quincy Jones who accepted it on their behalf, see here.
one sweet dream came true today!!!!!
4.6.2004 Leipzig
yay Anna!!!! :mrgreen:
User avatar
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:14 am
Location: Hungary

Postby kylestyle » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:34 pm

imdb.com is one of my favourite websites - Leonard Maltin can pack his bags, there's no need for him or the Halliwell's film guide any longer. Imdb is where it's at! :D
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
User avatar
kylestyle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 2789
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:28 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby HeyJude » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:49 pm

kylestyle wrote:imdb.com is one of my favourite websites - Leonard Maltin can pack his bags, there's no need for him or the Halliwell's film guide any longer. Imdb is where it's at! :D

Yeah, exactly. If a piece of info about movies and such can't be found on imdb, it can't be found anywhere! :mrgreen:
one sweet dream came true today!!!!!
4.6.2004 Leipzig
yay Anna!!!! :mrgreen:
User avatar
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:14 am
Location: Hungary

Postby kylestyle » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:05 pm

One of my favourite things about Imdb is when I click on an actor / actress, and I can read lots of trivia facts about them, and things like their height, whether they're married with children etc. :) Just clicking on actors' names, takes me on a journey, gliding from one career to another, into different genrea...I can go from Johnny Depp to Bela Lugosi to Robert DeNiro to Uma Thurman and in that short time, read about all kinds of movies and what people thought of it. It's a great site.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
User avatar
kylestyle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 2789
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:28 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby kylestyle » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:08 pm

I agree with this user on imdb.com regarding the Let It Be film:

Now that the original album has been re-mixed to take out the Spector influence, I think it's high time the film was made available in some format, or show it again on television, it must be 25 years since it was last aired. PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!!!!
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
User avatar
kylestyle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 2789
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:28 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby TheBeatles1988 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:15 pm

kylestyle wrote:I agree with this user on imdb.com regarding the Let It Be film:

Now that the original album has been re-mixed to take out the Spector influence, I think it's high time the film was made available in some format, or show it again on television, it must be 25 years since it was last aired. PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!!!!


Yes so do I
Click here veiw my website

http://www.freewebs.com/thebeatles1988/
User avatar
TheBeatles1988
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: United Kingdom

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest