:The Beatles 1967-1970 (Blue)

Postby Steve-o » Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:48 pm

The Beatles 1967-1970 (Blue)
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Re: :The Beatles 1967-1970 (Blue)

Postby Bluebird » Mon May 10, 2004 12:30 pm

17th best selling album in the world, and the beatles second best selling. http://members.aol.com/PaulHry/music/riaa.html

What can I else say. Superb hits. I love this album to take on holiday instead of all their cd´s, good best of.
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Tue May 11, 2004 2:19 pm

Curiously, I bought this compilation just before of "A Collection Of The Beatles Oldies"('63-'66 collection)released in early '67 (or was that in late '66?) and of the Red '62-'66 collection...that was in '74 I think...
That's why maybe unconsciously I ever preferred a bit songs after "Revolver"...that doesn't mean absolutely that I don't like songs before '67, that would be an absurd...
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Tue May 11, 2004 3:40 pm

dsnito wrote:that doesn't mean absolutely that I don't like songs before '67, that would be an absurd...
Very absurd :wink:
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:15 pm

When the red and blue Beatles collections were released in 1973, those had been sold millions of copies and reached the top of the charts even after 3 years of their breakup...it is NOT for any group does.
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:16 am

I know that, The blue album is ranked at the 12 best selling albums in the world or something wild crazy :D
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby TheBeatles1988 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:59 am

Bluebird wrote:I know that, The blue album is ranked at the 12 best selling albums in the world or something wild crazy :D

I know that, I mean do you not think The songs on the Blue Album are better than the songs on the Red Album?? :)
Click here veiw my website

http://www.freewebs.com/thebeatles1988/
TheBeatles1988
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Cologne girl » Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:12 pm

TheBeatles1988 wrote:I know that, I mean do you not think The songs on the Blue Album are better than the songs on the Red Album?? :)

Generally speaking, I personally prefer the Blue Album songs over the Red Album songs. The Red Album songs were great in their day, above all when they were performed live. But the Blue Album songs, maybe because they were made mainly with studio albums in mind and not so much with live performances and because they were more sophisticated and innovative, have passed the "test of time" better than the Red Album songs - in my book at least. The Red Album songs, many of them, sound like the 60s. The Blue Album songs, for me, just sound great. Of course they were influenced by their time, but the Beatles, by then, had become more independent of what was going on and found their own distinctive approach to sound and words, etc. When Macca performs the very early songs, it's nostalgia and people start dreaming of Shea Stadium and the like; when he performs the later ones, I think many people enjoy them independently of the nostalgia. I don't know if anybody knows what I mean?? :?:
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby TheBeatles1988 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:49 pm

Cologne girl wrote:
TheBeatles1988 wrote:I know that, I mean do you not think The songs on the Blue Album are better than the songs on the Red Album?? :)

Generally speaking, I personally prefer the Blue Album songs over the Red Album songs. The Red Album songs were great in their day, above all when they were performed live. But the Blue Album songs, maybe because they were made mainly with studio albums in mind and not so much with live performances and because they were more sophisticated and innovative, have passed the "test of time" better than the Red Album songs - in my book at least. The Red Album songs, many of them, sound like the 60s. The Blue Album songs, for me, just sound great. Of course they were influenced by their time, but the Beatles, by then, had become more independent of what was going on and found their own distinctive approach to sound and words, etc. When Macca performs the very early songs, it's nostalgia and people start dreaming of Shea Stadium and the like; when he performs the later ones, I think many people enjoy them independently of the nostalgia. I don't know if anybody knows what I mean?? :?:[/quote

Yes you know I prefer the Blue Album myself as I particaturly like the song Drive My Car... that has to be the best songs of all on the Album don't you think?? :D
Click here veiw my website

http://www.freewebs.com/thebeatles1988/
TheBeatles1988
Silver member
Silver member

Postby kylestyle » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:53 pm

Err, Drive My Car is on the Red album...
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Next

Return to The Beatles: Albums