::Revolver

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby kylestyle » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:50 am

Harry wrote:This is the greatest album EVER made and it only goes for about 35 minutes. An amazing feat this album was.

My sentiments exactly. This is the perfect pop album. 10/10...quite possibly for me the best album of all time. My favourite track, would be a tossup between Good Day Sunshine and Got To Get You Into My Life.... but I also love jamming along to Tomorrow Never Knows and recreating the backwards guitar solo, as it's very playable if you play it in an orthodox manner...of course, plenty of distortion helps!

For No One is another highlight...funnily enough, the songs I love the most on Revolver are the ones Paul chose to cover on the Give My Regards to Broad Street record.

Then again, there are pairs of perfect pop songs that go together well..such as And Your Bird Can Sing & Dr Robert..... and She Said She Said leading to Tomorrow Never Knows. It's so perfectly put-together. Rubber Soul is a great album too, but yeah for me this one is the icing on the cake.
kylestyle
Gold member :)

Postby Bluebird » Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:56 am

Agree. I love the album too. "I´m only sleeping" and "SHe said she said" shows Lennons type and " For no one´" and " Here there and everywhere" show us McCartney´s wondeful ballads. It´s also a great album from George with "I want to tell you" and "Taxman".
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby kylestyle » Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:17 pm

Biggest Paul Fan wrote:It´s also a great album from George with "I want to tell you" and "Taxman".

And 'Love You To' is an underrated pop song as well. Strip away all the tabla playing on it and you have something Blink 182 could pull off a tuneful cover in a flash (not that I'd necessarily want that to happen...hehehe....just a hypothesis).
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle

Postby Bluebird » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:47 am

kylestyle wrote:
And 'Love You To' is an underrated pop song as well.

I must admit that I was a bit shocked when George began his indian music, but it had a good effect on beatles songs as "Norwegian wood".
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:14 pm

I´m truly agree, I think the album was so good because both George, John, and Paul gave 100% of their energy in their writes, and it´s also worth pointing that it´s more easier on this album to split up who was John and who was Paul songs.
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:27 am

Rubber Soul and Revolver. Two albums to play to / give to somebody if you want to teach them about great songwriting (melody, lyrics) and great performance (harmony, ensemble playing).

Those two plus a copy of Pet Sounds - instant introduction to great 20thC music.

Plus a couple of Hamish Stuart albums, obviously.
down in the jungle, living in a tent....
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:58 pm

admiralvanderbilt wrote:Plus a couple of Hamish Stuart albums, obviously.
Sure..for comparison's sake: "This is great.....compared with this, which truly sucks." :lol:
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:29 pm

Bluebird wrote:I must admit that I was a bit shocked when George began his indian music, but it had a good effect on beatles songs as "Norwegian wood".

:lol: Well Bluebird, so were you one of the contemporary witnesses of George's sitar prime experiences in 1965?? :lol: I'm kiddin'...that's my impression the way you told that... :wink:
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:37 pm

Sometimes I´m feeling like an old amn who lived that time, It´s like I lived this time and discovered their whole career. :lol: But I would say when I bought Revolver I was a bit shocked in the start when I heard George Indian tracks. :D
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums