Sailor Sam

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:16 am

Yeah, it's possible - just take "Let Em In" - please, take it, take it away from me, I can't stand that song!

Seriously, there's a few references there - Martin Luther, the Everly Brothers, etc.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby dsnito » Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:27 am

Why don't you like that?? I think that "Let'em in" is not phenomenal but a good song. I like the brass section specially.
Yeah there's some references to his family and some personalities, Martin Luther could be the murdered Afro-American activist, or the Protestantism founder, which of them?? Maybe references to both??

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:32 am

No, it's the Protestant one. The Afro-American was Martin Luther King Jr. It's easy to mix them up if you're not thinking, though. We studied them both in Religious Studies when I was 13. And there were numerous jokes about getting them mixed up . . .

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby mr. kite » Tue Aug 13, 2002 11:07 pm

I wonder why you dont like that song, Let Em In, dont you like Denny's drummin? Dsnito, why is it that in the last part of that song the last note in the fade out part became louder? Any special reason for that?
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Tue Aug 13, 2002 11:20 pm

I love Let 'Em In. Didn't at first, but it grew on me. Kite, I think the fade out where it becomes louder again is just for effect. Pretty cool, IMHO.

I'd like a Macca shake and Macca fries please....
Ram1

Postby dsnito » Wed Aug 14, 2002 6:36 pm

quote:
I wonder why you dont like that song, Let Em In, dont you like Denny's drummin? Dsnito, why is it that in the last part of that song the last note in the fade out part became louder? Any special reason for that?

Yes Mr.Kite, I agree with Steve, that was just an effect, a false-ending or a thing like that, peculiar to a Beatle-song. An example: Strawberry Fields, though maybe have others that I don't recall right now...

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby mr. kite » Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:45 am

Well the effect still made a mark in that song. I never thought about Sailor Sam, I'm just as curious as you all are.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions