::Rubber Soul

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby Bluebird » Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:22 pm

dsnito wrote:
Bluebird wrote:
dsnito wrote:Agreed on you about "Eleanor Rigby", that's VERY Paul...
Exactly, therefor I wondering why John said he wrote more of that one than Paul.

Yeah, me too...but I still think that "In My Life" is very John, but maybe Paul helped him in some parts...
It´s really a John text, agree, but I really think that the music is more Paul in 1965. I think he was greatest to melody-songs, the structure of the song, reminds me a bit of Yesterday, Michelle and And I love her, I really imagine that Paul wrote this melody. He said he wrote the whole melody on half an hour, which I find amazing. But the lyrics is maybe the most important in that song I think. I would call it a real Lennon/McCartney compotion, the lyricer and the musician :D That´s just my opinion.
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:04 pm

dsnito wrote:
Bluebird wrote:
Exactly, therefor I wondering why John said he wrote more of that one than Paul.

Yeah, me too...but I still think that "In My Life" is very John, but maybe Paul helped him in some parts...
I agree with you, Nito. Even the melody has Lennon written all over it.....matches his voice inflection totally.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Bluebird » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:45 pm

Steve-o wrote:
dsnito wrote:
Bluebird wrote:

I agree with you, Nito. Even the melody has Lennon written all over it.....matches his voice inflection totally.
:) I´m just still disagree. It´s match Johns voice, but it´s not difficult to change a song to another key. It could be the song they most dispute who wrote, but I never think that Paul will tell a lie, and he said he wrote that melody. Tell me, when has he lied for a beatles song?
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby HeyJude » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:09 pm

Bluebird, he might just not remmeber well. I don't know what to think about this, but it really seems (sounds) like a John song. Probly we'll never get to know, but it's an amazingly wonderful song, anyway.
one sweet dream came true today!!!!!
4.6.2004 Leipzig
yay Anna!!!! :mrgreen:
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Bluebird » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:21 pm

HeyJude wrote:Bluebird, he might just not remmeber well. I don't know what to think about this, but it really seems (sounds) like a John song. Probly we'll never get to know, but it's an amazingly wonderful song, anyway.
But I trust what Paul said. That´s my opinion. He has never lied for any beatles songs ever :wink:
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:37 pm

Bluebird wrote:
HeyJude wrote:Bluebird, he might just not remmeber well. I don't know what to think about this, but it really seems (sounds) like a John song. Probly we'll never get to know, but it's an amazingly wonderful song, anyway.
But I trust what Paul said. That´s my opinion. He has never lied for any beatles songs ever :wink:
No one is calling him a liar. Some of us are doubting your sources, even if they are "quoting" macca. Miles is a reputable book. Dont know alot about some of the earlier stuff.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:03 pm

Hey, that´s OK, Bluebird...don´t be upset, man!!!! It´s YOUR opinion and has to be respected!! Paul himself admited that he probably helped John a bit in anyway on that song...
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:05 am

dsnito wrote:Hey, that´s OK, Bluebird...don´t be upset, man!!!! It´s YOUR opinion and has to be respected!! Paul himself admited that he probably helped John a bit in anyway on that song...
Problably like "With a little help from my friends", John helped a lot on that one..
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:04 pm

Well, it doesn´t matter...All we know those are beautiful songs, that´s it!! :)
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:20 am

dsnito wrote:Well, it doesn´t matter...All we know those are beautiful songs, that´s it!! :)
Yes we are ALL agree that it´s beautiful songs, that´s not my meaning to lose that :)
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums